Blood and Cheese

🐉

🐉

(murder, acts of violence)

The Dowager Queen's chambers had felt so cold, it was as if her demons had come to haunt her for what she had done. Alicent could feel a chill in her bones, she had felt nothing but guilt; and shame. Was it the scent of Ser Criston Cole on her bedsheets? Or was it the ghost of Lucerys? She allowed this to happen. She agreed that Aemond should travel to Storm's End to secure the support of Lord Borros Baratheon. But, now the Stage and the little boy were dead. Rhaenrya Targaryen's son was dead, killed by her own son in a fit of rage. 

She sat in a wooden chair, nervously picking at her fingers which was something she had not done since she was just a girl.

She felt so dirty, so sinful that she wanted to peel off her skin, no... this mask she had put on. This green dress Criston had helped slide back onto her body like a disguise.

A knock sounded at her door which removed her from her thoughts, "Enter," she spoke clearly which allowed the door to stand ajar, revealing her father.

"I requested an audience with you hours ago," she complained, which caused Otto to let out an annoyed sigh. "The King had to treat with his people... and he is an extremely stubborn king," he said, walking over towards a chair sat just across from Alicent, he sat down comfortably, straightening his clothes. Once Otto had sat down Alicent leaned back in her chair, and her father noticed her worrisome expression.

"There's something bothering you," he spoke with a knowing smirk, Alicent glanced up at him before shaking her head slightly in shame. "I have... come to feel sorry for my daughter-in-law... her nephew was recently murdered by her husband," she confessed. Otto crossed his legs, as if he could hardly care about the topic.

"Aemond is young, in his fit of rage he made a regrettable accident... Lucerys did the same when he took Aemond's eye... did he not?" he asked, well of course she wanted to find some excuse as to why he killed Lucerys. He could have forced him into giving him an eye, he could have humiliated him in front of Lord Borros. But, killing the boy? Alicent looked into the distance, seemingly recalling a memory.

"I was against Aemond marrying Laenys from the start," she admitted, her voice betraying a hint of regret. "I warned him time and again, fearing what she would do to him. However..." she looked down at her lap.

"I feared what he might do to her more, what damages he might inflict upon that poor girl's soul. She was sweet... so sweet. And now my own son has turned her into our biggest threat, he has created a monster that we cannot stop," she said, looking distressed. However, Otto leaned forward confidently, looking directly at his daughter. "When we declare war upon them, Laenys shall have a most gruesome death that reflects the monstrosity she has placed upon the realm,"

Her words did not offer an ounce of comfort for Alicent, she just wanted this ceaseless fighting to stop, she wanted to march into the throne room and order the guards to burn down the iron Throne until it was a pool of hot metal.