Chapter 43

Chapter 43: Crew Positions

Before sunset on the first day of their journey, Jason called a discussion with the crew again and talk about their positions on the ship. It was automatically decided that Jason was the captain and Arestor was the vice-captain.

Despite being the Captain, Jason volunteered to be the cook. The decision, no one decided to oppose him. All of them have gotten a taste of his cooking back in Athens. And everyone could agree that every food that they ate cooked by him was something that exceeded their expectations and was considered a wonderful blessing.

No one wanted to oppose Jason when he volunteered to be the cook. Everyone was hopeful and looking forward. But despite that, the Boreads Sisters decided to assist Jason when it comes to cooking.

Since Jason was already the captain, by being the cook he would be tired – It would be shameful if everyone just decided to let Jason do most of the tasks.

When the Boreads Sisters decided to assist him in cooking, Jason agreed. The Boreads Sisters are named Chione and Cleopatra. They introduced themselves as the daughters of the North Wind God Boreas and their mother Orithyia.

Staring at the pair of beautiful winged young ladies, Jason wondered if the Nasuverse logic worked again. Is it the usual gender-bending again? From what he remembered from the Argonauts myth, The Boreads isn't a beautiful winged pair of sisters but brothers.

After asking the sisters if they have a brother, both answered that they indeed have one. The name of their brothers is Zetes and Calais which rang a trace of familiarity within Jason's mind.

He was thankful that it wasn't the usual and convenient fanservice gender-bend reasons but just a case of a pair of sisters replacing their brothers on their journey.

After the boreads became assistant cooks, the position assigning flowed easily.

Since Argus was one of the shipwrights and knowledgeable about the ship, he was both the Boatswain of the ship.

Aristaeus and his half-brother Asclepius would be the ship's doctors. But Jason wouldn't put his life on the life and depend on the former. Aristaeus despite being knowledgeable in the ways of healing and medicine as a son of Apollo, was too mischievous and sadistic. Jason wouldn't rely on him to be a reliable doctor. It was also amusing to note that Asclepius was already wearing a mask and had gotten taller than when he saw him last time. With Asclepius on the ship and his foreknowledge, he could hope that there would be no deaths in this adventure.

The crew is significantly half less numbered than the original that was told in the myth. Jason doesn't know if it would make things better or worse.

The sailing master or the navigator of the ship are the dioscuri Castor and Pollux. Upon first meeting them, Jason decided to avoid getting Castor's ire, and in no circumstances should he practice boxing with Pollux.

Jason has already had enough of getting beaten up by Chiron in their practices. He doesn't need to torture himself with another hellish experience. To avoids the castor's ire and annoyance, the most possible and effective way is avoiding Pollux. Two birds with one stone. It is a win-win situation.

For the Rigger which was one of the riskiest tasks on the ship, Heracles and his friends Telamon, Butes, Hylas, and Cepheus volunteered.

As for Orpheus, he decided to be the musician that would entertain them through his songs and music.

For the others who haven't been given a position, they are free to do anything they wanted and assist as long as they don't cause chaos within the ship.