Chapter 26 Mission 18: Meeting a mermaid and another fragment underwater

-A few minutes later-

"Kagero is sure semi-late. She must've gotten sidetracked." mused James looking at his watch. "Sidetracked by what?" asked Model O confused as heck. "She's a wolf right? So she must have needed to-" James was cut off by Model O's response: "James i dare you to finish that sentence!" yelled the Biometal realizing the joke. "That's not what i meant!" yelled James defensively. "Don't even defend yourself! You think you can make a bathroom joke just because she's a wolf!? Not cool!" growled Model O appalled.

"Hey! what's with all the yelling?" yelled Kagero approaching them. "I was going to say a bathroom joke..." James mumbled sheepishly. "Wha? James, it's okay if you have to joke. I actually went to the bathroom earlier this afternoon before i found you." chuckled Kagero as James smiled in relief as Model O huffed. "But i'm sorry for attempting that joke." James apologized somberly. "It's okay James, i know you didn't meant to say it maliciously. Now come, i have a friend to introduce to you." comforted Kagero as James smiled and got up and followed her to the lake.

Opening Theme: WILD FANG -short ver.- by Janne Da Arc.

"Here we are!" said Kagero as they arrived at the lake. "So where is the friend you were going to introduce to me?" asked James curiously. "Wait for it...oh! here she is!" replied Kagero as ripples and bubbles appeared on the surface.

And someone burst out of the lake much to James' genuine surprise and saw that the person who emerged was a mermaid.

"Wow..." was all James could say in stunned shock as Kagero giggled. "Can i ask for your name?" asked James politely as Model L snickered at James' politeness, "Such a gentleman." snickered the Biometal of the Ice. "Of course. My name is Wakasagihime." introduced Wakasagihime formally. "Uhhh...that's an odd name you've got...so i can call you 'Wakahime' instead?" asked James a bit miffed as Kagerou and Wakasagihime giggled at James' words. "Like i said: such a gentleman." giggled Model L as James blushed heavily.

"Okay, so why did you bring me here anyway?" asked James now wanting to know. "A few days ago before you even arrived here in Gensokyo we've felt some headaches at a certain point in the lake." explained Wakasagihime getting to the point. "Model W...that's the reason for your headaches. where is it located?" muttered James seriously. "It's in an uderwater cave that appeared a few days back. none of us can reach it due to the aforementioned headaches." replied Kagero seriously. "Wakahime, take me to where it is. I'll gladly dispose of your headaches." requested James as he Megamerged into Model ZLX. "Of course. Follow my lead once you head into the water." replied Wakasagihime diving back into the water.

"See you Kagero." said James jumping into the water. "Be careful James! and good luck with your mission!" called Kagero as James gave a thumbs up and dived into the water to follow Wakasagihime.

(Misty Lake underwater)

"So where is the location of the underwater cave?" asked James swimming behind Wakasagihime. "You'll know...and through my headache as well." replied the mermaid as James nodded and resumed swimming.