Chapter 28 Mission 19: Battle against a Fox and a Cat

-approximately 40 minutes since James left Kappa Village-

"You sure you taking the right route James?" asked Model O somewhat concerned as James was using a shortcut to shorten the time it would take to reach the Garden of the Sun. "I know what i am doing Model O. so let me handle this. Plus talking with you would give me away. so shut it." snapped James clearly focusing on his shortcut. "And it's a forest too." Model Z snarked while seeing a forest which was part of the shortcut. "Oh shut it will you Model Z?" James grumbled and continued his trek and hid in a bush.

"So what's the point in hiding?" Model Z asked rather snarkily as James sighed. "Just shut up and let me focus." snapped James clearly not in the mood for snarky banter. "Aye aye captain." said Model Z snarkily as James eyed two individuals from a short distance away. "A fox and a cat? Strange..." mused James observing the two individuals.

While James was observing, he sensed a great amount of power coming from the fox

While James was observing, he sensed a great amount of power coming from the fox. "This power...it's nothing like i've felt before...same goes for that cat...i think she's different compared to everyone i fought...still...gotta keep my guard up..." James whispered to himself feeling dread by observing alone.

"Hm? What's that's pressure i'm feeling?" wondered Ran Yakumo sensing an unknown energy from the forest (James of course). "Hm? Ran-sama aren't we going to keep walking to buy some food?" asked Chen tugging at the kitsune's dress. "Well yes...but...this feeling, Chen buying will wait, we need to know where this strange energy is..." Ran replied as they continued to walk as James' dread grew and grew. "The energy i'm sensing is growing stronger...it must be close." Ran whispered as she fired an energy bullet to where James was hiding.

"GAH!" James yelled in pain when the energy bullet exploded which sent him flying to another bush. "I heard something Ran-sama! it must be that armored warrior who can change the shape and color of his armor in a flash!" said Chen in surprise. "Shit! They found me! I've got no choice, i've got to face them head on!" cursed James as he jumped for a few seconds and landed in front of the two. "So...we finally meet, mysterious armored warrior...pray do tell...what is your intention hm?" asked Ran clearly serious. "I'm here for your master Yukari, i've heard about you Ran...i've got to thank some eavsdropping youkai you know?" taunted James with a mocking look. "You-! You will not harm my master, for you'll be dead before you even meet her!" growled Ran pulling out a spell card. "Ran-sama! let me help too!" begged Chen wanting to fight. "Of course Chen, now let's fight this foolish warrior and send him to the depths of hell!" growled Ran as blue colored fire began to show on her nine tails.

"Me? Foolish? don't make me laugh! You'll be regretting your choice of fighting me!" screamed James as he pulled out the ZX Saber and the OX Saber and readied a stance. "Come on!" yelled James in defiance. "With pleasure!" growled Ran.

WARNING! WARNING!! WARNING!!!

Insert BGM: Slam Down! (ZXA Tunes Version.)