Carry Her To Bed

We filled out the report. Vince then explained he wasn't recommending it but instructing me to go to the hospital. Gray held his arm out for me to grab onto. I reluctantly did.

"Please don't carry me like that again."

I looked up at him. I swore I saw his lips twitch into a smile for a second.

"Mhmm."

Yes, Gray was a man of few words.

I leaned my right side onto his left and put my arm around his shoulder. I jumped a little when he put his arm around my waist. He helped me limp down the hall to the elevator and then to his car in the parking garage. He only said something once we got into the car.

"It's not hurting too bad after that walk, is it?" His eyes traced my entire body. It was only my knee that hurt.

Stop staring at me like that!

I blushed and shook my head.

He drove me to the nearest hospital. At the entrance, Gray walked me over to the wheelchairs. I was embarrassed. I didn't feel like my injury required that. He then sat me down in one and wheeled me over to the reception desk.

We waited roughly forty minutes to be seen. The doctor looked me over while Gray stayed in the waiting room. I had to tell Gray to wait in there. He tried following me into the exam room.

Luckily, nothing was broken or torn. The doctor recommended I keep the scrape clean and ice my knee. He warned it would be sore for a few more days and have visible bruising for longer.

The nurse then helped me down from the table back to the wheelchair and wheeled me back to the waiting room. Gray stood up as the nurse rolled me over. Gray thanked the nurse and took over. He rolled me to the entrance. I expected him to leave the wheelchair where we got it. But he kept pushing me to the parking lot.

"Um, we have to leave this here." I turned to look up at him.

"I know." He kept looking forward.

What is it with him?

Gray wheeled me to his car, avoiding the potholes, and helped me into the passenger seat. I watched him take the wheelchair back to the entrance.

When he got into the car, he looked at me and sighed. "What did the doctor say?"

I chuckled. "Just like I said. It's nothing. It's just going to be sore for a couple of days."

"Okay." He started up the car.

I watched the city go by in the window. I looked up at the sky and thought it would rain soon. A few minutes later, I realized we weren't heading to the office.

"Aren't we going to the office?" I couldn't imagine him taking me home right away.

"Yes." He said, almost annoyed.

"Okay?" I wondered why he would take such a long way.

A few minutes later, we pulled into a pharmacy.

"Oh, the doctor didn't prescribe me anything," I explained.

"I know. I won't be long."

He quickly got out of the car, leaving it running. He must have needed to pick up something for himself.

After, what felt like an hour, Gray finally returned with a small bag.

"Jeez, I thought you said you wouldn't be long." I chuckled.

"Here." Gray handed me the small bag.

I gave him a confused look and looked into the bag. There was a bottle of my favorite vitamin water, painkillers, antibiotic ointment, bandages, and an ice pack.

"Oh." I was shocked. "Thank you, Gray."

"Mhmm." Gray continued to drive back to the office.

Once at the office, I updated Vince about my doctor's visit. He was relieved it wasn't anything serious.

"I would still like you to go home early today and take tomorrow off as well." Vince offered.

"Oh, no. I'm fine. I can still work." I shook my head. I didn't want anyone to think I was slacking off.

"You need to rest. You're a hard worker. You shouldn't feel unappreciated. Please, take time off."

"Alright, I will. Thank you, Vince."

Vince smiled at me. He was in his late thirties and very attractive. He had some silver showing in his blonde hair. His blue eyes looked happy most of the time. Working for a company that wasn't filled with stuffy people who needed to be addressed formally was nice.

"Take her home, Gray. You can go home early today as well. Thanks for helping Gabriella. But I need you back tomorrow. There's a report I need finished." Vince mentioned.

I realized he must have been discussing the other report I was supposed to finish today. I instantly felt guilty for not being able to finish it. I hoped Gray wouldn't hold that against me.

Gray nodded his head and helped me walk back down to his car. We could hear the rain hitting the pavement outside the parking garage.

"I'm sorry you had to drive everywhere for me today." I reached into my purse and got some money out. "Here, for the gas."

"There's no need." Gray waved his hand.

"No, I want you to take it." I stared him down until he took the money.

"Alright. Just put it in the cup holder." Gray sighed.

It helped me feel less guilty for all his undeserved help.

A little while later, we made it to our street. Gray helped me out of the car and placed a jacket on my head to keep the rain off me. We got to my apartment door. I didn't have a choice but to let him in.

"Do you want me to take you to bed?"

Gray didn't even flinch at his own words. How could he ask me that nonchalantly? Did he not know how that sounded?

"What? No, no. Just to the couch." I blushed.

Gray sat me down gently. He took the ice pack from the pharmacy bag and put it in the freezer. He walked back to the couch.

"Can I help with anything else before I leave?"

I looked around my tiny apartment. It wouldn't be too hard to move around.

"No, I think I'll be fine now. Thanks." I smiled at him.

"Okay. I'll see you next week." Gray said as he turned towards the door.

"Next week?" That sounded like a long time for some reason.

"You have tomorrow off as well. Tomorrow is Friday."

He was still facing the door. I could see his hair and shirt were almost soaked through.

"Oh yeah," I said quietly to myself. Then I noticed Gray started to open the door. "Wait, did you want to dry off first?"

"I have to walk in the rain again to my place anyway. I'll shower and dry off when I get there."

Before I could say goodbye, he shut the door behind him. I sat there, wondering what he had planned for the weekend. My thoughts were interrupted by a text from Emily. I told her about my afternoon since I didn't get to talk to her after my doctor's visit.

 I told her about my afternoon since I didn't get to talk to her after my doctor's visit