What Is That?!

It had been a couple of weeks. Garrett's nose was trying so hard to go up my ass. It was infuriating. I had yet to give him a solid answer on what to do about our relationship, that is, if I wanted to have one with him again. And with how he acted, it didn't get any easier for me to come up with that answer.

Sure, for the most part, he was a pain. But he was being super sweet to me. And without me doing anything in return for him. I was becoming a believer that people could really change. Well, some people. I still doubted my ex-husband could ever change.

I would like to know the same about Gray. He had been all over the place lately. One day, he forgot a page in a report Vince needed for an important meeting. Another day, Nick made a mistake. Gray told him he would take care of it. And just yesterday, Gray called me over to his desk. I thought he would yell at me for emailing him the surveys I made for a client too late. Instead, he told me I did a good job.

Vince was the most shocked of us all when Dana updated him about Gray's personality shift. Everyone was wondering if Gray was sick or something. When I confirmed it with Vince, he pretended to faint in his big office chair. The three of us laughed in his office. Some of our co-workers tried to look inside to see what was so funny.

I returned to my desk and saw Garrett standing there waiting for me.

"No, Garrett, I don't need anything," I said as I sat in front of my computer.

He constantly asked if I needed coffee or anything copied or faxed.

"Actually, I was wondering if you could help me with something." Garrett frowned and leaned over to talk more privately.

I noticed he had a folder in his hand.

"I need help with this report. Gray has been on my ass extra hard lately. He's giving me all the crap jobs."

"Really? He seems to have been unusually nice to everyone else." I was confused. Why was Gray singling out Garrett?

"Yeah, well, I can't get it all done this week. Gray's going to get me fired." Garrett turned and glared over at Gray at his desk.

I turned to look. When I did, Gray looked back over at us.

"Ah, shit. Just email me what you need me to." I shooed Garrett away before he got me onto Gray's bad side again.

Too late.

"You two, get back to work!" Gray shouted out.

Everyone looked at us. I blushed. Goddammit. It had been peaceful with Gray calm.

Garrett ran back to his desk. I stared at my computer screen, forgetting what to work on next. Then I got an email notification. It was from Garrett. I was shocked he sent me an email so quickly. It must have been the report he needed to be done.

I opened up the file and sighed. I understood what Garrett meant by getting the crap jobs. I looked into all the information and noted what I would start with once I finished my work.

Later on, everyone was leaving work. I was still staring at my screen. I had just started to work on Garrett's report. I wanted to get most of it done right away. He was going to need it done in two days.

Garrett walked by my desk and mouthed the words 'thank you' as he walked out the door behind Chloe. I felt better helping him since he had sucked up to me lately.

-

I got home late last night. I almost didn't want to go in today, but I had to finish Garrett's report. I only got about five hours of sleep.

I was the last one to walk into the office. Everyone turned to look at me. It made me jump. What was everyone looking at? I looked down at myself, afraid I put on sweatpants or two different shoes. Nope, surprisingly, I have dressed appropriately.