The Prodigal Daughter.....

Quote of the Chapter:"Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey toward it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us."

                                                                         ---Samuel Smiles

§§§§§§§§☻☻☻☻☻☻☻§§§§§§§☻☻☻☻☻☻☻§§§§§§§☻☻☻☻☻☻☻§§§§§§§

A knocking sounds into the door just as Jenny was about to reply on the email she got. “I’ll get back to u later. Some1’s at the door,” she typed in.

After a few seconds, a reply pops up. “Okay. Do tell, alright?” 

She was talking to Trixie for a whole thirty minutes before the knock came. They had been talking about a lot of things like clothing, music, TV shows, and many more. They were also talking about B–––

Tok,tok, tok. The door sounded as another consecutive knocking was made, interrupting her train of thoughts. She stood up from her position at the middle of the bed, throwing the pillow down.

She fixed her hair before pulling open the door, putting a smile on her face. “Miss Jenny, Ma’am Amanda is looking for you. She said that if you can go down to the living room,” the maid said once she opened the door. She gave her a reply of agreement saying that she would be down in a second and closed the door. She dropped the act and angrily thought of what was about to happen. She was already expecting this but she didn’t think that it would be that soon. Pulling out courage deep inside her, she exhaled loudly. 

After a few more minutes of fixing herself up, which was not hard to do since she was always a person who was good to go any moment, she went downstairs. This time, she didn’t put the act because why bother? Her parents' going to ruin the moment anyway. 

                “Jenny, sweetheart,” her mother greeted, waving her to come sit beside her. “Your dad and I were talking about you.”

                This will be good, she thought before sitting down, giving a kiss to her mom’s cheek and looking directly to his father’s piercing gray eyes. “Really? Do tell” She replied, forcing a smile.

                “Well, you see, you’re old enough to––––” her mom started.

                “Don’t waste your breath with formality, Amanda. We were talking about your future,” her father interrupted, seriousness bordering in his eyes.

 If she didn’t know her father, she would find him scary. But unfortunately, she did. A very frightening expression was usually plastered in his father’s face and even though his hair was turning black to gray, the powerful figure behind the threatening man could still be seen. No wonder he became a soldier before. He didn’t last long in the duty though because of his inheritance to the family’s business legacy, the Walstern Comp., local and international producer of electrical and technological products.

                “Dad, since when did you give a damn in my future.” Jenny replied with resentment.

His father’s eyes flashed into silver gray and a fierce look occupied it. “I will not have you use such atrocious words to me. I did not teach you these disrespectful manners” her father stated.

Jenny scoffed. “You’re right, father. Because you never thought me anything.”

                “You two, stop it!” her mother cried. “For the Love of our Forgiving God, do we always needs to do this?” her mother asked.