Brian's Decision.....

Quote of the Chapter: "Beginnings are scary. Endings are usually sad, but it’s the middle that counts the most."

                                                                                          ---Unknown Author(Must be me again! Heh!)

§§§§§§§☻☻☻☻☻☻☻§§§§§§§☻☻☻☻☻☻☻§§§§§§§☻☻☻☻☻☻☻§§§§§§§

Jenny was shocked to see Brian standing in front of her door, looking very sober and well. Then that shock turned into anger after she remembered what happened the last time their paths met,

                “You Jerk! You have a lot of guts to come here and say “hey” as if nothing happened” she shouted at his face, anger radiating from her.

                “What do you want me to say?”

Jenny couldn’t believe what she was hearing. This is not the Brian that she loves. The Brian that she loves is caring, loving, happy and kind. Not this guy who’s standing in front of her. A total emotionless and insensitive person wearing a very smug look in his face,

                “How about I’m sorry? After what you’d done the last time you’re here, you have the guts to say that” Jenny cried in a very shock voice.

Brian knows that the more Jenny hates him, the better. At least she wouldn’t have a hard time picking. So Brian decided to act like the biggest asshole in the world, even though the thing that he really wants to do is to take her away from this place and live in their own world. But no, he must face the scary reality and like everyone says, there’s nothing more frightening than facing your own fears.

                “Sorry, Jenny. I can’t remember what you’re talking about?” Brian said, smiling sheepishly and scratching the back of his head.

                “You can’t remember?” Jenny asked pathetically. She was about to close the door in his face when she saw Rick standing behind Brian, “How about asking that friend of yours over there?”

Rick knew the second that she looked at his way; it wouldn’t be good words that were gonna come out from her mouth.

Brian glanced at him and he gave him a make-up-an-excuse-or-I’ll-kill-you look. He gulped down and was about to say something when another voice interrupted,

                “What’s going on in here?” a masculine voice asked, behind Jenny.

Brian clenched his fist and braced himself because he knows whose voice it is. The Australian Dave and the best friend of Jenny, Trixie, he thinks her name is, came into view behind Jenny’s back.

Jenny just wanted to stab herself right there and then. It was bad enough that she was having this conversation with Brian but it became worse because Dave and Trixie joined in.

                “Nothing much. Just talking” Brian coldly stated, looking very grim at Dave.

Jenny was about to step in the middle of the two when somebody said,

                “Hey, Lover Boy” Trixie said, coming closer to Rick. When Rick pointed at himself, she nodded, “Of course you, silly. Say, why don’t we get some food and leave the grown-ups to talk?”

Rick was hesitant to go with her, if not with the look that Brian gave him; he probably would have declined the offer.

Trixie stuck her hand out and once he took it, she dragged him forward, waving from the group,

                “Have fun, guys. Try not to kill each other”

Once the two were out of sight, the three remaining looked at each other again,

                “You’re still here, I see” Brian muttered.

                “I am. I’ll be here for quite a while. As long as Jenny needs me, I’ll be here” Dave replied, putting an arm around Jenny.

Brian was about to take the guy’s arm and break it but Jenny shrugged it from her shoulders, preventing him from doing so.

Jenny was uncomfortable with the two of them together, especially with this deathly tension surrounding them, she felt like she was suffocating,

                “Guys, why don’t we get inside?” she asked, trying to find a way to lessen the bad air hanging over.

                “No, here would be good. I’ll get straight to my point, Jenny. The reason I came here is to ask you a very important question” Brian replied, his voice turning more deadly serious.

Jenny felt something bad is about to happen and it took her a few seconds before she can say,

                “What is it?”

Brian knows that once he said it, everything will change. He just hopes that he’s doing what’s right,

                “It’s good that this guy is here. After all, he’s a contestant in this game too. Right, Jenny?....”Brian started, looking Jenny in the eyes, “you need to choose whether it’s him or me”