Inevitable Tragedy.....

Quote of the Chapter: "The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."

                                                                                                    ---Unknown Author

§§§§§§§☻☻☻☻☻☻☻§§§§§§§☻☻☻☻☻☻☻§§§§§§§☻☻☻☻☻☻☻§§§§§§§

Jenny stopped breathing and the only thing that she can do was to look in Brian’s solemn eyes,

                “Choose between him and you?” she asked in a small voice.

Brian nodded and he saw the confident Dave smiles,

                “Jenny, he’s right. It’s time you tell this guy that the one you love is me” Dave encouraged.

Jenny looked down and she felt the tears coming,

                “No, no, no” she whispered, “I can’t. I can’t choose”

                “But you need to. I’m tired of this, Jenny. I need to know what my place in your life is. And as long as both of us are hanging around you, our life will be just full of misery. Jenny, just say the word” Brian muttered, feeling really sorry about what he was doing to Jenny. But he got no choice and he knows that was the only way.

                “Just tell him the truth, Jenny. About our love at each other” Dave told her, putting a hand in her shoulder.

                “No” Jenny shouted, “You can’t be doing this. I hate you two!” she cried, shoving Brian, she ran.

Brian gave Dave a deadly glare before pursuing Jenny. He saw him about to cross the street when he grabbed her arm,

                “Jenny, it’s time you choose whether it’s me or him. I’m tired of playing your cruel games which I always know I’m gonna lose anyway. So please, it’s time you make the choice” he said, pulling Jenny closer.

“You have no right to call me cruel, Brian. Look at us now, you’re telling me to make a choice which you know is very hard for me to do. Tell me who’s cruel now?” she replied.

                “So what do you want us to do? Just go on like this. Go on living this world we created just to keep you safe. Maybe you’re happy on what’s going but not me. I’m tired of this” he shouted, his voice sounding really tired.

She lifted her hand and it flew to his face,

                “How dare you even think that I’m happy? I’m not happy at all, but I want this to work out”

                “This is never gonna work out. Not as long as your holding a candle to him. I can’t pretend anymore, Jenny. I just can’t. So I’m making this easy for you” he replied, breathing faster. He felt really tired and the hot air is making him dizzy.

                “No, no, no,” she shouted, “You’re making it very hard for me. Maybe we should talk about this when we’re calmer” she said, wiping away her tears. She started turning back but a hand stopped her.

                “No, Jenny. It’s All or Nothing. You need to choose now because if we do it later……………, if we do it later, I might be insane by then” he said, grabbing her arm once again.

Jenny shrugged his hand and turned back to leave. Brian decided not to pursue her this time and watch her back moving further away from him. But before he could turn back, he noticed it. The traffic light changed its color and the incoming truck, heading in Jenny’s way.

                “JENNY!!” he shouted, running over to her.

He saw her froze in place and he decided then. Like what they promised, he’s willing to give his life for her. He pushed her in time and the last thing he saw was her face, looking at him. He smiled at her, knowing that she’ll be safe.

Then there was a heavy impact in his body and for a second, he felt an endless pain, then the darkness ate him. Before everything turned completely dark, he wondered whether his life was gonna end that moment. But he never got the chance to answer that question.

Everything happened and the chain of their futures broke. Leaving their confuse destiny in the dark, searching for something that is long gone.

 Not knowing that all’s too late. The fate already wrote the ending of their story.