Chapter Thirty-Six

* * * 

It had taken only a day for the packs to consolidate the Reformed to return into the care of Sage and Blake, and to say it was just a heartfelt reunion hadn't felt the sheer look of relief to see the physical proof that Sage Moon hadn't died.

As she had forgotten a good chunk of those that she cared for to check in with. Leaving Kendal to open up another greeting party, which the former Rogues had appreciated.

Andrew, however, was eyeing the party in distaste. This was exactly what he hated about the politics that came with a pack setting, so much so that he was sticking close to his males and sipping kindly to the pack's brew.

"Sir, this plan of yours...It's not going to work."

"Why not? I'm not entering the tournament. It's not good for me to be too close to Sage." Severin sighed and looked to Elena, who was still eyeing the guest list—Clearly, the three were making the attempts, even if their level of comfort was starting to lower.

"Are you going to join the nomads?"

"No, and my face isn't going to get me anywhere when it'll scare the humans." Elena frowned at her Alpha and shook her head. "There are plenty of humans who go to war and return back with battle scars. Sure you can get some documents before you leave...How did Sage take the news?" The question instantly caused Andrew to turn his attention in the opposite direction and finish off his cup.

"You told her, right?"

"When am I supposed to tell her?"

"Uh, before your bags are packed. Alpha Issac expects a transfer, you're still a member of Crescent Moon." Once again, the technicalities were there once more. 

"I doubt they'll sign it off," Andrew said, nearing defeat.

"And Grey found his mate in Crescent Moon, we're breaking up Half Cres for you, Alpha. This doesn't sound like the right way to fix things." Andy huffed at Severin's insight, even though they have seen Crescent Moon as their home base, Half Crescent still took to looking at Andrew as their Alpha—Fighting the way of things from then to now, and something needed to change, Andrew just assumed leaving would be the best idea.

But now they were here, in Moon Ridge trying to solve a problem that he had been a part of and left simmering. So perhaps he could've returned at any time, but goddess, had he known about what was currently happening with the war and such, then he might have made his voice known.

Might have—Being the highlighted choice of words.

"Then when do we go? When Coldridge decides to slaughter everyone here?" Andrew growled, and Severin shrugged his shoulders to try and ignore his Alpha's anger, but it was the truth, given that it was what the majority thought.
He wasn't the only one from Half Cres who had grown to actually like living in the Crescent Moon pack. Both he and Elena had their own small cabin right near Blake and a few minutes away from the Alpha's house.

The setup offered more than what Half Cres managed in a good month. But there was truly no other option in Andrew's mind, he wanted to leave and he would.

Now, it was up to his pack mates if they wanted to join him or not, and he wasn't about to destroy Grey's new mating with one of Sage's closest females.

Not when he worried about the idea of how Sage would react in the first place, however, he had to excuse himself outside for some fresh air—Not because his company was bad, but because the enclosure was making his wolf grow antsy. Leaving him to take one of the many double doors to head to the porch. And once his body had inhaled the sharp breath, he could feel the calmness start to wash over him, in addition to the sweetened scent starting to overtake his senses.