Chapter Forty-Four

* * *

While Sage was prepared for Remus to frown at her figuring out her intuition, a smile popped up on his face. "Sounds like we're meant to be here then, huh?"

Ease spread through her body as she nodded, but sent her father the same hint that she's managed. Whoever Kat—Catherine—Is, she needed to come with them when they left.

It was inevitable.

With Carter out of the way, Kat had come forward to escort them further into the facility, but this time the voice in the wall had said Sage's name and she laughed again.

While Remus and the rest shined brightly at hearing the delightful noise, Kat had given her a sad smile. Clearly, Carter hadn't known who these wolves were entirely, but Catherine did, and she presented herself as officially as possible.

It was her job, after all, to make sure the pack was functioning at all ends—Considering her sister was still stuck in her training duties.

"So since you didn't get the warmest welcome, I'm going to rectify that. So—Welcome to Crimson Moon, or what is left of it, anyway. Those of you who were originally a part of the pack, we have notified your relatives and we'll make our way to a smaller mess hall so you can see them." Sage smiled brightly at hearing that Kat had managed to do that for them, and that smile passed onto Remus.

But it hadn't at all transferred to Andrew, who was sporting a tight jumpsuit with a fake title, considering his pack was no longer in operation.

"We're currently on the fourth level, above us is housing for the majority of the pack members. Currently, we have just over Three-Hundred and seventy-nine members. Though that number is going to rise, a few of our she-wolves are expecting." That mere comment had already struck Sage's soul, and when she turned to look at Andrew, the male was already looking at her.

Not being able to fathom the very thought of pregnancy anymore than the other.

"As you can see, we are well advanced in technology. We have to be with living underneath the earth's surface. The lights are generated to recreate a form of sunlight. The air and water were difficult in the first few years, but after the struggle, we managed to collect rainwater from the local streams into a community tank. We have an unlimited supply now. Course, electricity is how we make all this possible. Another aspect we get from the sun." While it sounded all well and nice, Sage rose her hand.

"You upstairs a lot?"

"I'm afraid not, Luna Sage. Most hardly stepped foot outside since they entered it. For some, it's difficult to walk on the former grounds of our pack. Others are too young to know anything different. Besides that, and the growth of those Rogue demons, we tend to stay in our own territory." Sage perked her lips, not understanding why these wolves were hiding away.

Hiding away while she was begging for natural sunlight for the entirety of her life.

"This is the mess hall, former Crimson Moon members, welcome back." She introduced, and it wasn't long until the shouts and cheers of their return echoed within the metal walls.

Sage stood in awe, recognizing the similarities between one wolf to another. But seeing Calvin return with his sister was a relief she didn't know she needed to make.

"At least we know we did one thing right at the end of the day..." Blake whispered to the remainder of the group, the inner circle of Crescent Moon and Half Crescent.

He hadn't said it as anything more than a comment to keep his mind off of his pounding heart, but seeing his Mentor's smile widen and Hayes wrapping his hand onto his shoulder in agreement. It was clear that this is the moment they needed.