6

"..did- did you just say 'lol' out loud??" san spoke, breaking the silence. wooyoung turned to look at him, shrugging and saying, "yeah, what about it?"

"nothing, nothing. youre cute."

"youre cuter."

"if we werent already together id ask you out right now."

...

"guys, congratulations on being a cute couple and all, but are you serious? is it really in 30 minutes??"

wooyoung stared at hongjoong for a couple of seconds, blinking. "well... no its in 10 minutes, but im late to everything by atleast 15 minutes, so i added 20..." he trailed off towards the end, smiling.

hongjoongs eyes widened further, "i thought it was like, later. im kind of nervous."

"aww joongie, dont be nervous. everyone will love you! trust me, youre friends with san-ah, which means people see you as someone they could be friends with, this guy knows everyone i swear. i promise youll be okay." wooyoung reassured his friend, he knew how anxious hongjoong could get, so he was careful with his words.

"thank you woo, where is it anyway?"

wooyoung looked at him like he was crazy, he laughed for a second, then he realised he wasnt joking. "oh, i thought he would have told you. its at seonghwas. he has a pretty big house and his parents are out of town. he has a dorm here too, which is where he stays, but he wanted to throw a party... dont know why."

hongjoong went to speak before wooyoung cut him off, "hes also rich, and he loves his friends a lot! so if you ever were to need anything bought for you in an emergency, id probably go to him and ask before anyone else in the group."

"but hes super annoying though, id sooner die than ask him for help." hongjoong deadpanned, he was conflicted, he didnt know what to think of the new acquaintance. he seemed nice, but he had already made his first impression on him, and hes stubborn. very stubborn.

wooyoung laughed at hongjoongs response, finding it hilarious. "okay, we should go. we should also get an uber probably.. it isnt too far away, but last time i tried to walk back here drunk i ended up in a random park like 8 miles away."

hongjoong chuckled, standing up. his outfit was cute but simple, like him.

"i dont want to call the uber though..."

"but neither do i!"

"can hongjoong-ah call it?"

"i will kill you and then hang your body up on my wall as a trophy if you ever make joongie do something for you because only im allowed to do that."

"you have such a way with words, i love you too."

"i love you more... only if you call the uber though."

"fine."

hongjoong watched his friends bicker, it was cute, he wished he had someone to do that with. he was desperate to be honest, he always said he wasnt interested in romance because he wanted to focus on his studies and his personal life, but a relationship seemed so beautiful.

yes, hes jealous of wooyoung, but not in the way youd usually see, he wasnt jealous of who he had, he was jealous of what he had. he desperately wanted to feel that connection with someone, wooyoung and san were so pure, they seemed inseparable. he just wanted someone to hold him like they did in the cheesy romcoms.

san spoke, interrupting his thoughts, "okay, lets go. grab your shit and lets haul ass out the door."

"aye aye captain."
"mmkay."

hongjoong grabbed his phone, contemplating bringing his bag. he decided against it, slipping his phone into his pocket.

next chapter will be party frfr