9

(bytheway this takes place around christmas because i want an excuse to do cute christmas and mistletoe stuff idc if its unrealistic)

"hhongjoooong!!! joongie!! we're gonna play truth or dare!!! do you wanna come????" wooyoungs words were slurred and he was obviously wasted. san was being pulled along by him, and he looked equally as gone.

he thought about it for a second, and decided he may as well try and have fun. "sure, ill just follow you, yeah?" wooyoung nodded in response, about to start walking away when another voice spoke up, "can i join too? i mean, its my party, so id hope so." it was clear that the source of the voice had a smile on his face. hongjoong whipped his head around, "... how long have you been there...?"

seonghwa decided he would be honest, and he spoke with pride that made hongjoong want to slap him, "long enough to hear what you think about me. thank you, by the way." hongjoong rolled his eyes and told wooyoung to just take him to where they were playing truth or dare, not expecting seonghwa to actually come with them.

"here! sit!!" wooyoung led them to a circle of people, he only recognised a couple of the faces. he sat with wooyoung, then not soon after felt someone sit next to him, he turned out of curiosity and was greeted by seonghwa, who was talking to some random girl. 'shes so pretty.. but hes gay.. maybe yunho was wrong, he might be like.. bi.. maybe.. wait, why do i care?! i dont care. i dont.'

"okay! the way this will work is we'll spin a bottle and thatll choose who starts it, then we'll use the bottle to choose who gets asked." a pretty male with a face littered with freckles spoke, he was next to another pretty boy, but the other one looked more elegant. "woo, who is that? hes pretty." hongjoong whispered to wooyoung, hoping he was loud enough for him to hear. "oh, him? hes felix. so pretty, i know; every boy and girl is jealous of him! hes dating one of the most popular guys, hwang hyunjin. theyre so cute together."

'ah, thats why theyre sitting that close together, they are super cute. i wonder if i'll ever have somebody like that.'

"ill spin the bottle and see who starts." felix spun the bottle, it did a few circles before landing on a very pretty girl who looked like felix's boyfriend. "okay, yeji! spin the bottle and see who youre asking." she smiled and complied, watching the bottle go around, this time it landed on the girl seonghwa was talking to earlier. "okay, wonyoung! truth or dare?" the girl, now known to hongjoong as yeji, spoke. "truth." 'even her voice is nice.. why is she so perfect? but seonghwa isnt even into w- god- stop thinking about him.'

hongjoong had spaced out, only coming back to reality when the bottle had stopped on him.

'oh.'

"oh my god who are you? are you new here? youre so cute! i love your hair." now that all of the attention of the circle was on him, he felt uncomfortable; but he smiled at their compliments, praying they werent sarcastic. hongjoong looked at wooyoung for help, but he was talking to san, so he turned to seonghwa, praying that despite how annoying he is to him he would help him out. "this is hongjoong, he just transferred here." seonghwa put an arm around his shoulders and ruffled his hair.

there was girls asking if he was single, he had never had this many people being nice to him. "ah.. i um.." he looked at seonghwa again, there was tears in his eyes, not ones of sadness, just from embarrassment. "he isnt currently looking for anyone to date, so dont even try." he said it playfully, but still in a sort of serious tone. his arm was still around the shorters shoulders.

"so, truth or dare, hongjoong?" felix asked, smiling brightly. 'oh, cool. the pretty one.'. he didnt want to look boring, but he was scared of what dares the people in this circle would have in mind. "truth." his face felt hot, both from the attention and the arm wrapped around him, hanging lazily off of his shoulder. "thats a fair call. hmm... ill do something tame because i dont really know you and i dont want to scare you off." felix pondered for a moment, then spoke, "where did you transfer from?"

(im making him from australia but no australian accent because im australian and realised the timezones would be way too weird for him to be happily awake if he lived in america)

"australia." hongjoong spoke blankly, honestly just wanting to avert the attention elsewhere. "oh, really?! me too! thats so cool." felix beamed, making hongjoong smile back. "youre really so cute! your makeup is so good too.. we should be friends!" the girl from earlier, yeji, spoke. "oh.. i mean i-" he didnt know how to respond. luckily, seonghwa was a jerk, but not a monster. "guys, please, this is his first party.. here. so save the questions and stuff for later." the girl apologised with a smile and then seonghwa spoke again, "okay, since hongjoong doesnt really know anybody here, ill ask for him." he spun the bottle, and it landed on somebody else.

the rest of the night was a blur, all hongjoong remembered was that there was drinking games, and boy did he suck at them.

drunk hongjoong frfr anyway im lowkey projecting with the paranoid about sarcasm stuff LMAO oops