18

more happy happy half drunk night

-

"do you guys just wanna order something? or i could make uh.. ramen, thats about the extent of my cooking skills." wooyoung spoke, then added on, "speaking of which, how are you like with cooking, joong? ive never actually mentioned it with you."

"um.. i once burnt my cereal."

"okay nevermind then, ill order mcdonalds."

the group told wooyoung what they wanted, and the total came to about $72 including drinks.

of course seonghwa paid.

"okay, hongjoongieee~~ my dear best friend, my love, my one and only-"

"you want me to wait outside with you, dont you?"

"yeahimsorryubereatsdoesntdodormdelivery-"
(yeah im sorry uber eats doesnt do dorm delivery)

hongjoong stood up, almost tripping over seonghwa on his way out, which he entirely blamed seonghwa for, because why was he sitting where he was walking????

wooyoung and hongjoong walked down the stairs in silence, only broken by the inconsistent squeaks of their shoes. once they got down to the ground floor, it was clear wooyoung had a question for hongjoong by how tense he was.

(dialogue, wooyoung underlined, hongjoong normal)

"so.. whats up with you and seonghwa?"

'and there it is.'

"what do you mean?"

"well i just mean, you said you found him super annoying and then you purposely sit and wait for him in the cafe?? and dont get me started on how he called you up for your order jesus christ-"

"well, he was really sweet last night. i dont know if you noticed it but he spoke for me when we were playing truth or dare and uh- hes still super annoying but i can tolerate him now."

"dont you hate being babied? why is him speaking for you GOOD?"

"i was anxious, so i couldnt form my words properly. it was nice of him."

"ah.. so how was the room you slept in? ive never stayed over so i wouldnt know."

"oh, it was super nice."

"i hate rich people.. even his guest rooms are nice."

"guest room? no, i slept in his bed, he was on the floor on an air mattress."

wooyoungs jaw almost hit the ground, he looked really surprised. hongjoong wondered what he had said that shocked the boy so much that his eyes almost popped out of the sockets with how fast they widened.

"what?"

"like.. HIS bedroom?"

"uh.. yes?"

"we literally arent even allowed in there when we're over for the daytime, what fucking magic did you pull?"

"he was just worried because i was drunk, nothing major."

"HE LITERALLY HAS THE GUEST ROOM FOR HIS FRIENDS WHEN THEYRE TOO DRUNK TO MAKE IT HOME."

"it was because i was super drunk apparently- seriously its just because i was apparently super bad."

"im one hundred percent serious when i say even SAN would be forced to sleep in the guest room.. yunho literally got told to sleep on the lounge like two weeks ago, and he couldnt even walk with how drunk he was. genuinely you smelt so badly of alcohol im surprised he let you sleep inside at all."

"im sure theres an explanation for it, chill."

"yeah, theres definitely an explanation.. maybe if you opened your eyes youd see it."

the sound of a car pulling up broke their conversation, and also reminded them why they were out there in the first place. they were handed the food and realised that two people was definitely not enough to carry food for eight people, but they made it work. aka wooyoung had everything in his hands because hongjoong gave him puppy eyes. hongjoong took two drinks though, and opened the door for wooyoung.

"that was qui- why is wooyoung drowning in mcdonalds bags?"

wooyoung placed the bags on the floor, then spoke between exasperated breaths from the struggle of carrying everything up stairs,
"he was super cute when he asked me to carry everything.. i couldnt say no!"

after eating, the people that didnt live in the dorm they were in had to leave. 4 of the other 5 boys hugged wooyoung and san, but awkwardly waved to hongjoong, which left him a little sad but he understood. seonghwa, however, nervously stood infront of hongjoong after saying goodbye, and when he spoke it sounded like more of a whisper.
"is it too soon to hug you?"

hongjoong was stunned, he thought for a second.
'but hes so annoying.. and really sweet. and super tall.. i bet his hugs feel nice.'

"im sorry, i shouldnt have asked. bye joong."
'joong?'

just as seonghwa was about to turn around, hongjoong jumped forward and wrapped his arms around him, thanking the universe that nobody else saw because they were too busy hugging it out over there. it wasnt long before he felt the olders arms hug him back, it was short-lived, but an amazing feeling that hongjoong wishes he could replay over and over again..... in a platonic way, obviously.

seonghwas previously disappointed expression was now an adorable smile, hongjoong wished he could take a mental photo.. or a real one.

hm.

"we should take a photo together, its like friend etiquette."
'smooth, joong. real smooth.'

"who would i be to say no?"

"an idiot."

seonghwa chuckled and moved to stand next to the younger, wrapping his arm around him so they were as close as humanly possible. "okay stay still- 3, 2, 1."

the photo they took featured wooyoung having a breakdown behind them while yunho and mingi were both on the floor, looking as if they had played human dominos. but hongjoong was only focused on the smile on seonghwas face. "ill send it to you later."

"thatll be hard without my number, no~?"
and there was the teasing asshole hongjoong knew seonghwa to be. maybe he was cute at times but jesus christ.

"ill get wooyoung to send it to you, now go, im tired."

seonghwa faked a pout, then turned to actually leave this time, practically dragging the others with him.

"so, hongjoongie, what was that about?"

"oh.. you saw...?"

"yeah! why didnt you send that photo to me immediately!!"

'oh thank god-'

"oh, i thought you saw- nevermind actually. ill send it to you now."

-

i . am sorry that this one sucks .