ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 12 - ɢʜᴏsᴛs ᴏғ ᴜs *.✧

———

———

       "IS EVERYBODY SEEING THIS?!"

       The screen in the upper corner of the cafeteria broadcasts a bright yellow stripe in big, bold letters.  Cuza had turned the volume way up since he was performing on the ceiling again, but still wanted to hear the news.

       "BIG THINGS—BIG THINGS ARE HAPPENING RIGHT NOW IN THE WORLD OF INTERNATIONAL STARS!"

       Free halted in his tracks as soon as he heard that statement uttered.  His fingers clutched onto his tray as he glanced his eyes up at the shrieking tone of the announcer.

       Everybody's attention was stolen by the flashing screen as the room went silent.

       BLADING LEGEND, FREE DE LA HOYA HAS DUMPED THE MULTITALENTED STARLIGHT, Y/N KANEGURO

       Free almost dropped his tray when he read the words fonted in crimson.

       Every single pair of eyes in the room landed on him. Free's feet tried to step out of their gaze, but it was no use. Everything has surrounded him, shrouding him inside.

       Free turned his head one direction, then to another, then spun around.

       That moment when you can actually feel the pain in your chest from seeing or hearing something that breaks your heart.

That is what Free is experiencing right now.

His limbs are shaky, each step back seemed to be teetering more and more like you're walking on cracked ice that's about to go under any moment. His eyes twitched, fingers, facial muscles—everyone is staring at him, far away at their tables as he stands at the cafeteria doors.

Everyone is waiting for him to just break out, go on a rampage—like some sort of wild animal.

'Cause what could have happened for them to end up like this?

Free couldn't move.

This wasn't supposed to be public. Y/N promised him that. Y/N always keeps her promises.

Is this to get back at me?

Free instantly pushed the thought out of his head. He formed his hands into fists, aggravated with himself that he even thought of that possibility.