ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 13 - ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴠɪʟ ɪs ᴀ ɢᴇɴᴛʟᴇᴍᴇɴ *.✧

———

———

HOW DID THEY FIND OUT?

Y/N's eyes are glued to the commotion her phone, thumb rapidly pushing past every news article and large headlines.

MR AND MX WORLDWIDE—OVER?!

DOES LOVE EVEN EXIST ANYMORE?

STARLIGHT GETS STRUCK!

       They couldn't bear to scroll any further—with the thought of what had tragically occurred and the terrible...just terrible headliners.

       There were only a handful of people she could trust, and now that number has been sat on a wavering line, currently being burned to a crisp; dwindling. 

       Zac is on a world tour with Mikasa, Orochi and Akira both had just released their new albums and are trying to reel in the most they can whilst promoting their brands under orders of their company, Kris and Valt are...

       ...

       Yeah.

       That is how Y/N ended up on the doorsteps of Kai's penthouse after weeks of solitude.

       "Y/N—" Kai swung open his door in a flash.  As soon as he took notice of her tear-streaked face, he knew something was wrong.  He opened his door all the way and allowed them to enter into the abode.  "Y/N—hey, Y/N, what happened?"

       Y/N shook her head, unable to speak. She collapsed onto Kai's couch, burying her face in her hands. Kai sat down beside her, his hand resting gently on her back.

       "It's okay, you can tell me—" he said softly.

       "—have you seen the news?" they murmured, pulling their knees up against their chest.

       Kai paused for a moment, then nodded.

       Y/N felt that it was pretty self explanatory, and she was glad it was because it took all her focus to not break down right in front of him. 

       "...hey," the subtle tone shift in his voice caught her attention.  Kai pushed himself off of the couch and urged Y/N to do so too.  "Follow me."