3 | BRAVO 0-4

United States Military Base, Middle East / 10-28-22 / 00:00
SPECIAL OPERATIVE LIEUTENANT "CHAOS" / TF-141 ASSOCIATE

"Miss Lieutenant, we have arrived at the base."

Awoken by a sudden hand on her shoulder, Chaos peeled her eyes open and met the tender and warm gaze of the aged pilot attempting to wake her. With a brief moment of drowsy confusion and lagging limbs, she darted her heavy eyes around the crate-filled interior of the military cargo plane from the comfort of her hammock. As the woman came to a decipherable consciousness, she was able to discern that the motion of the aircraft had indeed come to a stop and the hatch was open. It revealed the darkened tarmac of the military base she had been deployed to during her time with Task Force 141 in Al Mazrah.

In her sleepy daze, the journey between boarding the plane at Camp Smith back in New York and landing on the souls of the United States military base in the Middle East passed far too quickly for her current comprehensible liking. Within ten minutes of the plane accelerating on the runway and ascending into the sky, Chaos dozed off in the security of her hammock, overly exhausted from the events of the day prior. The woman was left with no instance to close her eyes and rest for the night, much less a few minutes. Her efforts, instead, were solely dedicated to assisting the Ghosts and NYPD with investigating the shipping crates and logging their contents following their joint raid in Manhattan.

Despite Chaos' stubbornness and insistence towards occupying a prolonged position in the investigation, Keegan had managed to convince her to break away from the mission and return to her temporary residence. Packing her bags and gear for her deployment to Al Mazrah was still due. Chaos could suppose fifteen hours to herself was a blessing, though it felt much too short for anything appreciable.

Offering a hearty gratitude to the pilot for his airborne hospitality and a smooth flight- smooth in the sense that she had an undisturbed sleep due to the absence of turbulence, Chaos exited the plane. She kept a carefree hold on her gear, carrying her tactical helmet between an arm and her waist with a quick adjustment of the strap to her rifle, only for it to return to its previous position. Upon her boots leaving the ramp of the cargo plane, she shielded her eyes from the blinding floodlights surrounding the military base.

"Sight for sore eyes," she mumbled, greeted by the masses of activity illuminating the tarmac with life.

Trucks and trailers moved about transporting soldiers and equipment, planes travelling across their runways and helicopters settling into their designated landing zones and ascending into the darkened skies, commanding officers barking orders and timid soldiers obeying their instructions. The sights and sounds certainly brought back memories.

Special Operative Lieutenant Chaos was always out in the field, very rarely did she find a dull enough moment to return to her residency at Fort Santa Monica, her home base with the Ghosts. Keegan had often called her a workaholic in their conversations about her status concerning her return home, though she agreed it was an appropriate term to describe her deployment habits. When a mission or operation was signed as confirmed and completed, oftentimes would she be deployed to another. Whatever scenario was assigned to her as a solo special operator, she would accept it without question so long as it didn't involve anyone outside her circle of trust- accepting the job to Al Mazrah was an exception. Whether Chaos was shipped off to tail a fugitive terrorist in Las Almas, tasked with performing reconnaissance in an obscure location in the North Pole or recovering a hostage in Hell's Kitchen, it proved to be no issue. Chaos would go wherever she was ordered to go, within reason of course.

With a critical gaze, Chaos observed the activity on the tarmac as she broke off into a stroll, raking her eyes over the faces and bodies that ran all around her. Currently, she had tasked herself with locating the two Task Force 141 commanding officers she was leading the operation with- Lieutenant Ghost and Sergeant Soap.