18 | OCEAN'S MURKY DEPTHS

Gulf of Mexico, Mexico / 11-02-22 / 17:00
LIEUTENANT SIMON "GHOST" RILEY / TF-141

Resembling the rarest jewels of the sea, the alluring enchantress' gaze remained true to their oceanic vessel- refined to a crystalline purity and faithful to the sapphire hued attuned to the woman's most defining quality of exquisite proportions. Ghost worshiped every inch of Chaos' delectable existence but it was her eyes that would demand every ounce of attention that he was capable of manifesting. With a focused state of his own, he observed the wordless method to the woman's deeply rooted admiration of the endless expanse of ocean spread out before her. Ghost was confident that there was a certain fondness that radiated off of her form, unwavering even as a sudden splash of salty water drenched her form in a frigid sheen.

Dominated by the overdue intentions of attempting to engage in casual conversation with her the night previous, the man had inquired about her interest and hobbies despite their anti-climatic and unpoetic classifications. While the latter inquiry was only provided with answers related to marksmanship or close-quarters combat with her task force- which still remains classified- the former had painted an invaluable landscape of the waters blanketing the American state of California. From what Ghost could surmise from the stories she recited with pride, Chaos' home base of Fort Santa Monica was situated minutes away from Venice Beach and Santa Monica Pier. It was all the more reason to believe she had dipped her toes in the Pacific Ocean far more often than an annual vacation to the west coast.

Admirably enough, Simon wished to accompany Lorelai to the ocean she loved and witness the rolling blanket of waves himself. However, he supposed the Gulf of Mexico would suffice but the thought would remain until his chance manifested into fruition.

The Gulf's ordinarily calm and pristine waters were presently churned with waves of violent proportions and increasing intensity, offering considerable resistance against the labouring motors of Charlie Team's assault boat. Bullets forged from frigid rainwater accompanied the rumbling storm clouds haunting overhead, ripping through the woven fibres of Ghost's clothes and shrouding him with a freezing cloak, delving into his deepest desires to devour the body heat of the woman beside him. As the endless stretch of the sky was suspended in turmoil with mother nature's will, the waters below reflected the sentiment. Darkness lurked beneath the turbulent surface riddled with raging peaks, threatening to swallow Ghost whole should he face an unfortunate end at the hands of the gulf but contrary to the threat, losing the privilege of drowning in Chaos' eyes struck countless blades of fear into his heart and soul.

Sending an unnoticed glance toward Chaos, he returned his gaze toward the oil rig and cargo boat swaying in the distance- the epicentre of their impromptu visit to the east coast.

"Bravo 0-7 to all stations, ship is visual."
"Charlie Team, get on that ship and lock it down! If the missile is on that platform, we search and destroy!"

Upon receiving those orders from his Commander, Shadow 3-1 veered the boat away from the oil rig assault teams, redirecting their charted course toward their designated target.

According to information obtained through an interrogation of El Sin Nombre, the cartel's activity in the Gulf of Mexico had intensified following Hassan's escape from the village a few days ago. More specifically, they had been spotted with a shipping container similar to the specimen found in Al Mazrah, which is believed to be a second American missile in the hands of Al Qatala. Without any additional viable leads and Valeria's unwillingness to divulge supplemental information, Task Force 141, Los Vaqueros, and Shadow Company were presented with no other choice but to pursue it, whether it was factual or not.

With every right presented to him, Colonel Alejandro was indeed wary of Valeria's honesty, suspecting an ulterior motive for her guarded willingness to locate the cartel's smuggling dead drop. It was an approach that was acceptable considering his past with Valeria. Unfortunately with orders from their commanding officers and a joint threat looming on the horizon, their departure to the other side of the country was a rather quick one.