4 | THE HELLFIRE OF CAPTURE OR KILL

Al Mazrah, U.R.A / 10-28-22 / 01:30
SPECIAL OPERATIVE LIEUTENANT "CHAOS" / TF-141 ASSOCIATE

Against the backdrop of the darkened sky speckled with the light of the innocent twinkling stars, it only seemed fitting that the watchful moon was Chaos' guiding beacon into the ensuing blood bath as she remained crouched amongst the tall grass. Fierce rushing winds ripped through the sands and grass shrouding the fields surrounding Al Mazrah as Bravo's designated helicopter, Razor-1, ascended into the sky with Alpha team still onboard. Chaos peeked through her gloved fingers following her posting up beside Ghost, shielding her eyes from the slashing dust before engaging her night vision goggles once the whirlwind settled. Under the mask of the familiar shades of muted greens, the woman assessed the team's surroundings, sweeping her eyes across the operation's target location and absorbing the bloody sights and sounds it currently forced upon her heated senses.

Ever so momentarily, Chaos' mind flickered back to her conversation with the Ghosts moments before she handed the keys of her temporary residence to them. Facing down the view of flying bullets and racing missiles, she understood their voiced concerns once they learned of her deployment to Al Mazrah. Keegan, Merrick, Kick, Hesh, Logan and while he had been away on a separate mission, Chaos was sure Ajax would be worried as well if he heard the news. They were her brothers, by blood and in arms, it would be crude and cold of them not to fret over her well-being when sent to a foreign land that they had yet to see with their own eyes. Perhaps if Chaos was not a battle-hardened soldier and instead, a naive, bright-eyed recruit yet to be faced with the brutalities of war, she would have rejected Kate Laswell and John Price's pleas for her assistance.

Upon Chaos and Bravo's boots hitting the ground, Al Mazrah was already drowned with the rapid exchange of gunfire from both sides of the playing field. The sounds of anti-aircraft shelling piercing through the gunpowder and blood-scented air promptly kept the area alive even during the earliest hours of the morning. The very sight of bullets and artillery and the ignition of their fuel set Chaos' cold blood ablaze, the addictive high of adrenaline pumping violently through her dilated veins. With nearly eleven years of service and experience under her heavily equipped belt, such activity accompanying the stench of looming death struck no ounce of fear within her body. Instead, a blazing fire ignited within the very depths of her soul, burning with the flooding need and desperation to make it out alive, basking in the blood of her fallen enemies.

The looming danger. The gunpowder. The adrenaline. Survival.

Survival was the only real answer in the midst of war.

Chaos flickered her gaze towards Razor-1 as the helicopter began to make its way downrange towards the secondary helicopter landing zone with Alpha team still aboard. As Bravo was still perched on top of the hill speckled with ruins, the soldiers could only watch as the helicopter immediately came under fire following its passing of building one. Though no thoughts of ill wishes came upon Bravo or Alpha for that matter, the woman supposed it was to be expected when establishing a landing zone not too far off from their target buildings, much less flying directly over the hot zone. It practically pleaded for enemy effective fire. However, it still churned her stomach to watch as Razor-1's flares failed to divert a second missile fired from what looked to be building two.

"Razor-1 going down! We're going down!"

Engulfed in searing flames and billowing smoke, the helicopter spun violently through the air. Razor-1 lost altitude and hit the ground in a fiery plume.

"Report in Alpha."
In response to Chaos' request for a situational report from the downed helicopter, she was only met with the sounds of laboured coughing and a crackling fire. The woman issued a side-eye towards Soap and then to Ghost, earning concerned glances from both men.
"Alpha, what's your status?!" Ghost urged, his eyes telling her that she understood what she was thinking.
"Bravo! Alpha is down hard with multiple critical! Taking effective fire!"