Chapter 25

Chapter 25

"Where have you been?" Ross asks me as I walk through the door comming back from Dereke's house. "Oh, you know.. Around." "Around?" "Uhhuh." "Around where?" "Places. Why?" "Just wondering." I nod my head, avoiding eye sight with Ross because he always knows what I'm thinking by just looking at my eyes. He comes closer to me, slipping his hand under my shirt and kissing me. I kiss him back wrapping my arms around his neck. He pulls away with a suspicious look on his face. "Have you been drinking?" I feel myself flush red. When me and Dereke were making out he had alcohol on his breath. "..no." "Yea, you were. I can taste it in your mouth!" "How would you know what alcohol tastes like. It's illegal to drink at age seventeen," I go. "That's not the point. Now, tell him where you were." I look down at my shoes, but Ross lifts my chin with his finger, forcing you to look at him. Suddenly he figures it out. His face gets the redest color of rage I have ever seen in my life. "You were at that guys house, weren't you, Shally!" He yells, pushing me up against the wall. "No!" I lie. "Don't lie to me, Shally. You know I know you too well." I shake me head as he pulls off my shirt revealing a bandade on my forearm. "They druged you, didn't they?" "NO! Ross, just listen to me! I was at a PARTY!!!" I yell with all my might. It gets silent for a really long time as Ross searches my face. I stay still, my heart pounding out of my cheast. "Are you sure?" "Positive." He backs away from me slowly, letting go of my wrists that were pushed up against the wall. "Okay. I believe you. Just don't go there again! You could get into some serioud trouble if you keep going to parties around here." "I won't," I say, putting my shirt back on. "I can't let you get hurt. I love you," he goes, our foreheads now touching. "I love you, too."

The thing about lieing is that you feel ao incredibly guilty afterwards. The truth is that I did make out with Dereke, but it was only so the plan would work. I did It for Ross. I did it for us. And yea, he did drug me just a little bit, but that was so I could forget everything Dereke did to me a few hours after . I don't want to remember anything. But I feel so guilty about not telling Ross what happened. I feel like I just need someone to talk to...