Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Ross wanted to take me somewhere today, but then I got a call from Josh. Yes. Josh out of all people called me beause he wanted to meet me somewhere. "Where?" I asked. But he didn't answer me. He just said to meet him at this spot on the road in the middle of no where and that he'd meet me there. So I said okay. "Hey, Ross, I'm gonna just go.. take a walk," I say, not wanting Ross to find out where exactly I'm going. "Cool, can I come?" "NO!" I yell a bit too loudly. He gives me a look. "Why? Scared that I'm too sexy for ya?" "No. I'm scared that I'll make you drool." I say, winking at him. "Oh, I'm already droolin'." I giggle, adjusting the strap on my shoulder that attached to my purse. Rocky comes up to us with no shirt on, and I believe that I, myself, sart to drool. And Ross notices. His eyes grow with anger as I manage to peel my own away from Rocky's spectacular abs. Wait. Am I.. Do I.. Like Rocky???! I try to get the crazy thought out of my mind. "Hey, dude, wanna go outside and play football?" Asks Rocky. "Heck yeah!" The boys both run off to the backyard. I sigh. Why is my life so difficult?

When I finally arrive at the spot Josh arranged for us to meet at, I notice he already stands there. This road is basically on a bridge! He leans against a railing, and when he sees me his face lights up. "Hey," I say, smiling. "Hey." "So, what's up?" "I just wanted to see you." He embraces me into a hug, and kisses me on the cheek. Before I could comfront him, he interupts. "Shally, I've felt this way about you all my life. I've known you since we were kids and I can't just let you get taken away from me by some guy you don't even know anything about."

"Ross? He's not like that, Josh.." I say deffensive like. "SHALLY! He was the one who burned down your town and killed your sister! It wasn't me, so why do you choose HIM over ME?" "Because! HE wouldn't get mad about a STUPID thing like this!!!" I yell, about to walk away, but Josh grabs my wrist, then interlocks his fingers with mine. He lets out a big sigh. "I'm sorry. I just got jealous." There is silence startig to fill the air, and my mind starts to trail off. I thibk about that day when we were all stranded and I was talking to Josh. We were leanig in. We were about to.. Kiss. But Ross interupted us. Maybe it was for the better. Or .. Maybe it was for the worst. Could Josh possibly the one that I have been waiting for? Or.. Is it Ross? And could It possibly be Rocky? "I love you Shalette." Josh forcefully presses his lips against mine. I don't feel anything. Nothing. Not even the smallest of sparks. All I wanted to ask was "what happened to you?"

Josh starts to unbutton my shirt, but I stop him. This wasn't right. "No.

Josh. Just stop." "Why? We were meant for eachother.." "No we weren't. I'm sorry Josh, i have to go now." Those were the last words I said to him before walking away...

AN-

COMMENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!