Final Chapter.. 34

Chapter 34

I can't even look at him. It's too hard. Everything is too hard. I don't know what I am going to do if Riker is in love with me. I have the perfect life, the perfect boyfriend.. What if it twists into something more unreal than it already is. The glass door behind me creeks open slowly. I turn my head to face the door, seeing Ross coming to sit with me. We move slowly. Everything seems to be going slowly lately. He sits down next to me on the bench outside his house and puts his arm around my waist. There is a long pause before he speaks softly into my ear.

"Rydel said Riker does have a small thing for you," he tells me.

My heart bangs, "why..? Just why me? Not that I have anything against your brother, but, why would he do this to you?"

Ross sighs, "I know how he feels. When you love someone.. You just can't stop loving them. It isn't that easy to do. You think about them everyday. You see them everyday. Yet, you still can't get to them, and you can't back away from the either."

"That.. Was beautiful, Ross." A tear trickles down my cheek.

He presses his soft lips up against mine. We don't move. We just stay there. Together. As a whole, afraid of letting go..

...Afraid of breaking...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN- woohoooo!!! Finished book one!!!!! Now, for book two. Comment below about what you think :)