24 | Gloves

Laura's Pov

I woke up disheveled, terrified to the sound of my alarm, almost like it was the sound of the world crashing around me.

I'd realized I'd drooled on the pillow a bit, so I wiped my mouth with my hand, and tried to brush my hair away from my face before reaching out for my phone on the bed stand.

I groaned and then..

..realized it wasn't my alarm at all.

It was my ringtone.

I fell on my back, rolling my eyes at the contact before I picked up.

"Marano. Get your ass down here. You have thirty minutes til we leave"

He hung up.

My eyes widened, and I lifted myself immediately, looking down at the phone on my hand.

Sometimes you get woken up by the sound of an alarm.

Sometimes you wake up to simply some fucking man's audacity.

Annoyed out of my mind, I huffed, pushing my phone down into the covers.

Wait.

What the hell happened last night?

I scratched my head a bit, staring around at the already pretty room. The blinds were closed so it was a bit dark.

Getting up, I realizing I was still wearing exactly what I'd worn yesterday. Thank god I'd went for something comfortable.

I opened the certains, blinding myself temporarily until my eyes adjusted to the light around the room.

I wasn't sure why they were renovating this room. It was already so simply classy, specious, warm...

I looked down at the bed again, wondering how the hell those covers ended up on top of me.

I didn't remember pulling them up. I must've passed out from exhaustion.

As I stood there.. thinking.. a light bulb lit up in my head.

This wasn't the first time that happened, actually. It happened on the plane too, and the only person I was there with was..

Ross.

My eyebrows raised, as I wondered about the possibility of him being sweet. The possibility seemed far fetched considering the way he'd ordered me on the phone, saying how there was only thirty minutes..

My eyes widened again, and I looked at the luggage and bag at the side of my room, running to them to open them.

I didn't have a lot of time, so I basically speedran through my whole morning routine, and picked an outfit I knew would match, because I'd worn it before.

Some light make up, jewelry, and shoes...

At the moment the clock striked six thirty- five am, I was ready.