42 | Sour Thoughts

Ross' Pov

"Got anything cookin up chef?" Carlos smirked at me, throwing an arm over my chair.

"Come closer and I will literally burn you alive" I stared at him.

I didn't get the stupid nickname for nothing.

He rolled his eyes, pulling up a chair next to me "You're a Lynch" he coughed out "You don't stay silent for no reason."

"Maybe I just don't like the sound of your pesty voice in my ear" I raised an eyebrow at him.

He looked away at that, sighting, before looking back at me "Son of a legend- yet here we are."

"My father was a low scum" my eyebrows furrowed "If it was your so-called-legend in my place, you'd be dead by now. Thank your fucking stars I keep you around."

"I keep information you might need chef" he smirked "Like the fact that Dead Eyes was seen outside of the bar- roamaing around, almost looking for something."

My glare deepened at the news I was hearing "Where the fuck are they now?"

I knew now the only purpose of this conversation was for this dumb reveal. Thank god I'd kept Laura home tonight.

"I don't know- but they can't be too far" he shrugged.

"Good. Get your fucking ass up- and tell the others, we're going to give them a little surprise" I slammed the whiskey on the table, before sitting up.

"Yes chef"

As Carlos left, I got up and as I walked away from the club, I set my gun ready, before placing it on the back of my jacket once again.

We found four of them- one of those pretty faces being Tatum.

He did ,yes, seem surprised to have been spotted so far away from the club- but we'd chased them in bikes, and caught them walking in the dark in an empty park.

Which was part of our territory.

Once they saw us, the group walked up to us- keeping good distance in between.

Tatum's glare deepened, as I smirked at him, pulling out the gun "You think you can sneak around you little rat?"

He pulled out his own gun immediately, and so followed the group.

"Oh there's the price" he smiled "I was wondering when I'd see your ass again. Is the princess all alone tonight?"

"You tell me - do you feel lonely tonight princess?" I smiled at him.

"Fuck you" he took a step forward, and I repositioned the gun "You want me off your zone, Lynch? Put the gun away- let's see how you can really fight."

"Save it for the ring." I stared at him "Wouldn't want to get beat up before date night."

"Go to hell" he growled.

From there on, the night took a few turns.

Laura's Pov

"Daisy kept me up all night" Camille groaned, as we walked in the elevator.

"She was saving it for the day you said you'd come back to work" I chuckled.

"Not funny Marano" she sighted "It's so cold"

"Well it's still quite early in the morning" I shrugged, as the doors opened "You have to dress well."

"I know" she sighted "I'm kind of regretting telling you I wanted to go back early"