27 | In A Different Way

Laura's Pov

"Miss Marano?"

"Yes Jace" I spoke up, looking away from my phone to the nineteen year old in front of me.

"We need more promotional photos for the signs" he spoke up "Of you and Mr. Lynch, the faces behind the company branch"

I noticed the camera dangling around his neck, then looked up at his face again. He was a dark skinned, curly haired, cute guy.

"Oh" my eyebrows raised "Professional photos?"

"Professionally taken, but casual looking, if that makes sense. That's the concept we've come up with, in order to market you as more reachable and friendly to other companies and the average person" he explained.

I stared at him for a minute, then raised my eyebrows "Really? To seem reachable? Or did you just want to showcase your talent in modern photography in order to get booked more?"

Apart from being in the marketing team- Marus had also started up his own little photography business on the side. One of the reasons that drew us to hire him in the first place, were his photography skills, which we needed.

"Uh.. I mean" he laughed awkwardly, looking away from me.

I smiled at him, patting his shoulder "We hired you for your marketing skills. Good job. Let's do it"

"Thank you" he nodded "We already have a few photos of Mr. Lynch, so we're only working on yours today"

"He agreed to that?" I blinked, narrowing my eyes.

"Surprisingly" he nodded, "Said it wasn't his first one. He has some experience with photoshoots and more"

"I'm sure he does" I rolled my eyes, making him laugh.

"The pictures did turn out so dope though. This one's my favourite" he spoke up, scrolling through the photos in his camera, until he stopped at one.

I leaned in to see the photo, and my eyes widened.

"Woah"

"Woah"

Jace turned to look at me, and I cleared my throat, embarrassed at my first words.

"Great picture" I nodded, looking away from the camera all together, and placing a hand over my lips, as if trying to block any reaction.

Jesus Christ, he's fine.

I wanted that photo personally sent to me so I could frame it.

Then again, they would print it and actually still frame it, for the company, so, um.. maybe the idea wasn't too crazy.

"Right?" Jace raised his eyebrows "He's so.. "

"Yes" I nodded, understanding where he wanted to go with that.