12 | Questions

Laura's Pov:

I tensed at Ross' words.

He showed absolutely no emotion on his face, as he stared at Tatum.

I notice his strong jaw tense, as I looked up at him.

I wasn't sure what to do. I didn't know why he refused to acknowledge my existence.. he could at least say I was his co-worker?

Was a bit of respect too much to ask? Was it embarrassing to know me.. perhaps?

I didn't know- but, at least I knew one thing.

Not to question it at that moment.

"Then fuck off" Tatum snorted, and I saw his eyes drop back to me.

"We should get out of here-"

And just as he moved his arm, about to touch me- I felt hand Ross' hands wrap around my waist instead, lifting me like I was nothing, and placing me behind him in one swift motion.

Shocked- I stood there, still processing what he'd just done.

It was like he'd left his fingerprints on my waist- I could still feel them, almost burning.

"Leave" he looked back at me.

I started at him for a second, deciding if I wanted to listen to him or not.

But.. his cold eyes told me this wasn't the time to play.

So I swollowed my pride, and walked away in the direction of my friends- hurrying with every step.

And I wasn't sure why I kept trusting Ross.. but my gut, simply told me to do so.

"What the hell went on there?" Camille questioned the second I approached, wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

"I'm not sure" I whispered, as I watched back the scene of Ross getting onto Tatum's face "I'm a bit scared"

"Do you know the other guy?" Nadia started at me.

"Uh.. his name is Tatum- the guy Ross told me not to go out with" I explained, still starting at them.

"Oh" her eyebrows raised.

I could feel Gema staring at me- but I couldn't look at her for some reason.

In all the chaos, I'd forgotten about the time- thankfully Martin reminded me to get on stage before my boss showed up, yelling.

The girls stayed with me backstage, just so we all felt a bit safer.

This was definitely not the night to go out without Nick or Sebastian.

Regardless, I got on stage, and at the same time, I noticed Ross point to the door, yelling something.

Narrowing my eyebrows, I saw Tatum point at him as he angrily said something, before he stormed off.

He stood there, still angry, watching Tatum leave.

And.. my eyes snapped back to the crowd.

I'd gotten on stage, yet hadn't said a thing. They were all staring at me.

My eyes widened as I grabbed the mike from the stand "Um, so sorry for any delays. This next one's a classic. I hope you're having a nice night"

I wasn't.

Ross' Pov:

As Laura started her next song, I looked back at the guys- all starting at me from the table, looking ready to pounce.