V

"Hey, I'm bored. Wanna hang?" As You read the text aloud, you had a feeling something was up. Sure, Chishiya will text you to ask if you want to hang out, but at midnight? You put your cup on your small nightstand, your full attention now on the text as you sat up against the bed frame of your bed.

"Why it's so late?" You replied. Your finger hovered over the small, circular blue arrow, pressing it firmly before waiting for his reply.

"To hang, wasn't that obvious? I'll be at yours soon." A small smile placed itself on your lips from Chishiya's smartass comment. However it was quickly filled with a small, but prominent bitter feeling inside your gut. How was chishiya supposed to get into your house? Your parents were sure as hell weren't going to allow anyone over at this time, especially a boy even if they knew the nature of the relationship between the two of you.

You thought of what your father would do if he saw a boy in your room, you gulped. If that were to happen, the interaction would go have something to do with your father throwing Chishiya out of the house and teaching you a lesson which you weren't going to learn.

You looked out your window, the roof extending out for cover if you from the rain stood on the ground. You'd sometimes go out onto the roof and just sit there, lost in thoughts or writing those thoughts down in your notebook.

You opened the window, your hand placed against the frame of the window as you walked through the now open glass to get onto the roof, sitting with your feet dangling over the ledge. You decided to wait for Chishiya and see what his game plan was.

You wondered what could, if there was something bothering him, make Chishiya want to hang out at twelve am. You only pondered that thought for a few moments before singling it down to two options. Either A, something happened within his family or B, he just wanted to hang out for some strange reason this late at night.

The warm breeze of the wind was relaxing at a time like this, where all you wanted was the sombre quietness of the neighbourhood you lived in. You closed your eyes as you took deep breaths, finding the peace in the empty streets.

The time quickly added up as the sudden breaks back into the consciousness of your surroundings reminded you of the time that had passed as you waited. It had probably been around fifteen or twenty minutes by now.

Your phone dinged as it brought you out of your mindless state.

"Look down." You exhaled as you put your hands against the ledge of the roof for support as you peered down, leaning forward.

"Boo." Chishiya's face mere inches away from yours, so close you could feel the carbon dioxide escaping his mouth.

"Boo." You replied back, letting both your hands fall down to your sides, Chishiya's eyes widening as he quickly puts his hands out to catch you.

"Awh, I scared you didn't I?" You taunted, smiling at Chishiya while upside down. Your legs were like a hook which hung from the gutter, stopping you from falling down.

"Uh-huh, I just didn't want you to fall to your death and your father coming out and kicking my ass." He replied, touching the tip of your nose, teasing you back.

You rolled your eyes dramatically, "He'd kill you and then do some voodoo shit to me and bring me back from the dead just to kill me himself." You scoffed.

"Yeah, your dads a prick, you should run away." You stared at Chishiya in disbelief, before a small smile planted itself on your face.