XV

"I just need a small favour..!" You pleated, sitting on the blond's bed with your knees tucked under you, hands joined together to get your point across.

A deep sigh could be heard. "What is it?" Chishiya laughed through his words. His unserious attitude was not muffled by his rather expressionless face.

"Okay, don't hate me..but..." you started, squinting your eyes as you avoided eye contact, the brimming sensation of shivers dispersed down your body.

"I'm waiting you know." He poked, leaning back on his bed, his head resting on the grey throw pillow.

"I need you to pretend to be my boyfriend..." the words did not come out effortlessly, and took most of your dignity with them.

"Pretend?" He bugged, raising his brows slightly.

"Yes pretend, and it's only for a few hours. Just come with me to a staff party and be my plus one." You grinned, silently praying that Chishiya wouldn't turn down your offer.

"Who's the guy?" He sighed, cutting to the chase.

"He keeps asking me out, and I've said no. He just can't take the hint...but also just to tell everyone else that I'm not available like that." Chishiya repositioned himself so that his back was against the headboard of the bed. His eyes locked with yours.

"You aren't?" He peered, tilting his head slightly. You noticed that Chishiya didn't tease this idea like he had done a few moments ago, but held a different tone. One of genuine curiosity.

"Well, are you?" He shrugged his shoulders, switching back to his somewhat dim gaze.

"What do I get out of it?" He added, sighing dramatically.

"To be my boyfriend?" You said matter of factly. To be able to taunt one another like this was always amusing to you.

"Just shoot me while you're at it." He groaned, rolling his eyes to add dramatic effect.

"Hey, don't act like this isn't the offer of a lifetime." You retorted, amused by the banter.

"You're telling me this is an offer?" Chishiya grinned, he loved to tease.

"This is why you don't have a girlfriend yet." You sat next to him, pulling his grey throw blanket over your legs which were bundled close to your chest. The air conditioner was on full blast in Chishiya's room.

"I thought you we're my girlfriend." He pouted, touching the tip of your nose. You smiled as you rolled your eyes, before you began to tell Chishiya the details of the party.

You made your way back to your apartment to get dressed. It was a cocktail party, meaning it was a fun mix of casual and fancy. A between where you can never be too sure as to what that borderline really is.

The key unlocked the in one smooth motion that was continued by you opening the door right after. The large central windows bringing in rays of the sun. So much so that even when the wind was high, the sun would still bring additional heat into your space.

Opening the closet door, you rummaged through the dresses you had, mostly black but some colourful pieces, mainly for that late spring-early summer weather.

A mid-length dress, stopping above your kneecaps, with a beautiful plunged-v-cut neckline, caught your eye. The memories flooding in as you remembered buying this dress not too far back. It was a good deal and on a sale, you paid around eighty dollars for it.

The black material was of good quality and soft to the touch. The end of the dress and a slight asymmetrical cut, with causal frills layered into the piece. The spaghetti straps sat nicely on your shoulders, accentuating your collarbones.