A Happy New Year (Ace x reader x Eyeball)

MionSnojkorn I finally got around to writing the imagine you suggested about Ace, Eyeball and reader getting together! Took me forever lol, but I hope you like how I did it :D And happy new year!

"You two gonna ditch at the very last minute, too?"

Ace blew out smoke through his nose. "Nope. You're stuck with us."

"Good."

It was New Year's Eve, and instead of the big party the Cobras had wanted to have, it was only Ace, Eyeball, and you hanging out all alone, because the others had been forced to spend the night either with their family, or, in Billy's case, with their girlfriend and her family.

Ace and Eyeball had shrugged it off when all your other friends cancelled one after the other, after all the three of you could still have plenty of fun and get wasted without them, but you were really bummed out.

You'd been excited to celebrate the new year with all your friends after you hadn't been able to see them on Christmas because you'd been stuck spending the holidays with family, and even the prospect of spending the night with your two closest friends didn't do much to cheer you up.

While you claimed it was solely the fact that you'd wanted to spend tonight with all your friends that caused your bad mood, Ace and Eyeball knew better.

As you sat there and sulked, they exchanged a knowing glance behind your back.

Lately you were always acting a little weird when it was just the three of you, or just you and one of them, and it was taking a toll on all of you. Every attempt to find out what bothered you had been useless so far, but the boys weren't willing to give up on trying to get it out of you.

"You don't sound too happy," Eyeball said when Ace gave him a sign that he should start the conversation. "You don't like us anymore or something?"

"Of course I still like you! You're my best friends! It just sucks that the others can't be here with us."

"You never minded spending time with us alone. In fact you used to prefer when it was just us three," Ace said, and he was right.

Ace and Eyeball had befriended you way back in elementary school, and it hadn't taken long for you to become inseparable. Since you had always been a little shy you soon stuck to their sides like glue and refused to make any other friends, because, as you claimed, the both of them were all you needed.

When the other Cobras came around, though of course your group hadn't been called that until recently, you had begrudgingly accepted it, letting Ace and Eyeball drag you along to hang out with the others. In the end you warmed up to them, and wouldn't trade the gang for the world, but your two oldest friends also remained your closest.

As hard as you had tried to hide it, with how well they knew you it had only been a matter of time until they noticed how distant you became over the last couple of weeks.

Every time they had tried to bring it up you had managed to escape the conversation by making meaningless excuses or forcing them to change the topic, but unfortunately for you it seemed like they were determined to get a truthful answer from you this time.

Still you tried your best to avoid the inevitable.

"I don't mind spending time with you alone. 'm just a bit disappointed that we can't have a big New Years party like we'd wanted to."

"You don't even like big partys!"

You didn't have a response to that. It was true, you weren't a fan of having too many people around you, especially when they were drunk and boisterous, even if it was your friends and their partners.