14

Ghost POV

It has been a few days since y/n and Soap started the mission, price starts growing inpatient, not hearing from both ever since. I walk up to the rec room, being stopped by Price on the way. "Ghost, I have information about y/n and Soap" I start following him as he continues to speak. "They caught them and put a fucking picture on the newspaper. Claiming that they were sent from the Military to take over the area the police watches over." He was furious, throwing the newspaper on the desk. I grabbed it, looking at the picture of Soap and y/n tied and beaten. Her mask was off, but her head turned away, trying to hide what is behind the mask. Soap had a wound over his eye, the blood leaving a trail down to his lips. "What are we doing now?" I looked at the captain. "We can't leave them there Price"

"I know Ghost, I talked to Shepard, he said we are not allowed to react due to the current conflict." His eye told me everything that needed to be told. "Okay, Captain, please let me know if he allows us a time to get them out of there." I left the room, walking straight towards mine. After grabbing my gear and weapons, I picked up the last knife, sticking it in my pocket. I waited for night to hit before sneaking out, walking down the long corridor. My steps heavy but quiet. Price was already waiting outside for me. "Glad you're in on this Ghost. I managed to get a car about a click from base. We'll be picked up by the airport. We should arrive at the police station at around 02:00am" I nod, following Price to the car. I was worried very even, but I wasn't the guy to show or talk about it. I am always worried when someone from the team goes on a separate mission. 

The Task force has become my family over time, even if they most likely are not as worried about me as I am about them. But I get it, I can be a hell of an asshole.

The whole travel was quiet, both Price and I not knowing what to expect when we arrive. I kept looking over to the Captain seeing the worry in his eyes. "They will be okay Captain, stop the worry" Shocked by my own words I kept my eyes on him until his met mine. "Thank you Simon" His smile was genuine. "Captain you and Ghost need to get off here we cant get further without alerting them." The pilot spoke through the comps. A nod from Price followed in my direction before we both hooked on the roped hanging from the Helicopter. I grabbed the rope, swinging myself off the edge gliding down towards the ground. "The Helicopter will be waiting for us two clicks from here. Lets get going" ____________

Soap Pov.

My body is weak unable to feel the pain they keep inflicting on me. I have been separated from y/n they took her, bringing her into a room down the stairs. I dont know how she is doing, all I could hear were her screams as they continued to conflict pain on her. It broke my heart hearing her begging them to stop and I couldn't do anything. Failing my promise in protecting her, failing to be there for her. I failed this mission this happened under my command. I looked up to the man that walked towards me a gun in his hand. "It looks like your little friends won't arrive" He walked around behind me. I looked at his other hand. The mask y/n wore when we arrived here. "Where is she" "Dead, bitch wouldn't stop screaming." He threw the mask on the ground. "Is she your girl?" His grin disgusting. I didn't answer not giving him the pleasure. The tip of his gun now pressed against my forehead, I closed my eyes awaiting the peace of the bullet ending me. But it never came. The weapon was dropped and as I looked up I saw a familiar masked man holding a knife stuck in the mens throat. "Ghost you're here" He untied me. "Are you okay Soap?""Always L.T" I grabbed the knife stuck in the men's throat, walking towards the stairs. Trying to be as quiet as possible, I looked through a crack from opening the door slightly before pushing in and stabbing the one guy guarding y/n. Her head was hanging low, shaking from the cold. Ghost came to assist untying her. As he did she sprung up pushing him up against a wall arm on his throat. "Y/n calm down its Ghost" I freed Ghost from her grip hugging her. "Soap" her arms laying around me. "He told me you were dead, I thought Ghost was him. I'm sorry Ghost"

"Mh" Rubbing his throat he looked at me and y/n. "Y/n Soap" Price came downstairs, hugging both of us. "I'm glad you two are still alive. Let's keep going, we need to return to base before they call for back up.". We arrived back at the base. Y/n and I being bought to the doctor instantly. We didn't have serious injuries, but we both were quiet. I grabbed her hand while the doctor looked over her wounds, holding it. Her eyes expressing something I couldn't tell what it was. Worry? Anger? Pain? It looked undescribable. Whatever they did to her in that room, I knew she'd need time to let it heal.Price talked to Shepard surprisingly he agreed that the mission was necessary. Price and Ghost wouldn't face any consequences because it was a success. ______________Today's chapters is a bit shorter and more rushed because I needed this scene done, the next chapter should be out in a few hours. I didn't want to push the story down to one scenario of what the men did to y7n in that room, risking that someone reading this book feels triggered by the topics, so please feel free to imagine your own scenario on what happened.

Sorry for any spelling mistakes I wrote this half asleep.