010

the bathtub

addy sat at the table with her hands on the table, she was thinking not anything in particular but just thinking

"jeez jonathan what happened?" she looked over to see ms byers.

"i'm fine."

"why is he wearing handcuffs?" joyce asked as officer callahan stood up.

"addy rose hopper what did you do?" her dad asked from next to joyce, she sighed and looked up at her dad.

"she was fighting with some kid." officer callahan said looking at hopper.

"geez, what are you three you had to tattle on her?" her dad said.

"why are they wearing handcuffs?"

"cause your boy assaulted a police officer while little missy over here decided to fight a kid." callahan said leaning against the table.

"take those cuffs off my daughter before you don't have a job." addy's dad said standing next to her.

"hey chief, i get everyone's emotional right now but there's something you need to see."

«•»

addy sat next to jonathan in her dad's office still in handcuffs. her dad brought in the hunting tools they bought and sat on the table.

"what is this?" ms byers asked from behind them.

"why don't you ask your son?" addy's dad said sitting down.

"why were you going through my car?" jonathan asked shifting in his seat.

"is that really the question you wanna be asking right now?" her dad said looking at the boy.

"dad-"

ms byers gave hopper the photo of the creature, he inspected it closely.

"so you said this thing draws blood?" hopper asked.

"yeah but you wouldn't believe-" jonathan tried to say before being cut off by hopper.

"why don't you try me."

«•»

"addy you're telling me you went into there, what about what we talked about don't put yourself in danger." her dad and her quietly talked.

"yes dad, i know but i had too." she said looking into her dad's eyes.

"what the hell is that?" her dad said as his eyes traveled up his daughters left shoulder. "did you get it from that thing?"