The big day (1)

Today Soul was gunna take the big step. He was going to do it. There would be no stopping him. It's do or die.

This morning he wore his best outfit, taking care to wash it beforehand and his beanie was up in his hair (which he thoroughly combed I might add) and ready to go. With his newly purchased red shoes and new kishin-egg red DWMA jacket, along with some cool black pants, Soul peered at himself in the mirror and thought to himself, I look pretty good.

He ran his hand through his hair and smiled to get a look at his sharp teeth. Usually he'd walk out right now with some toast in his hand and hop on his bike. But today he performed his rare morning ritual, which he only did if he had extra time, he brushed his teeth (wait for it), AND flossed! Then he gurgled some minty mouthwash and rinsed up. Which was something that had never happened under that roof.

Soul grabbed the skull headphones that he had to return to Justin and hopped on his motorbike. He was in such a rush that he forgot the most important thing. Well, maybe not so important as some other stuff, but still.

He forgot Maka!

Maka didn't forget Soul at all. In fact, she was pretty mad that he forgot her. In all the years that they had been partners, never never ever had Soul forgotten Maka on their way to school. She sat down and wondered why this happened. She was completely on time! But when she walked into the bathroom to wash her face one more time, she saw several beauty products out. Shaving cream, face lotion, aftershave, cologne, even some hair gel! She also saw a razor, toothbrush, floss, and a comb. This was Soul's bathroom, Maka realized. She looked back at the floss. Wait, floss?! Not once in her life had she seen Soul use dental floss. She didn't even know that he had any! Then she looked at the aftershave, cologne and razor. Soul only shaved his face when he goes to a fancy party or visits his parents. Not that he needs to shave anyways, Maka thought. He only has white little stubble on his chin and on a little trail on the side of his jaw. She secretly loved that stubble.

But she would never admit to loving anything about Soul, except their friendship. Yep. Platonic. ...Although, she loved it when they were watching tv and she leaned onto his shoulder and she eventually fell asleep in his arms. Except she faked sleeping sometimes just to hear Soul's beating heart and snuggle into his arms.

"Er-herm. That wasn't supposed to be in my thoughts. What? What tv? Falling asleep in Soul's arms? Preposterous!" Maka stuttered out loud nervously.

"What's this about Soul and his arms?" Blair said.

Crap.

Maka had developed a habit of saying her thoughts out loud. Soul would often yell at her to shut up when she was deciding what to make for dinner. But now she had spilled some of her feelings about Soul 'and his arms'.

Blair turned into a human in a burst of purple smoke. She repeated her question.

"I said, why are you talking about Soul's arms?" She didn't look angry, just a little groggy from waking up early but interested in what Maka was babbling about.

"Uh, umm nothing! Just talking to myself." Maka said.

"Where's Soul?"

"He left".

Blair looked at Maka knowingly. She nodded, then plopped onto the couch and asked, "so, how're you getting to school?" She snapped her fingers twice and with a purple poof, a nail file appeared and Blair was magically dressed in her usual outfit. She casually began to work on her right hand with the nail file.

"I don't know...." Maka said, defeated. She sat down next to Blair and held her head in her hands.

"Jeez, why don't you call him and tell him to come back?" Blair said.

"What?!? I cant! I couldn't!" Maka yelped.

"And why not?" Blair replied. Maka sat for a moment and thought about it.

"Well..." Maka said slowly. "It's obvious he was trying to be punctual. I wouldn't want to make him late...." Her face went red because she knew the real reason why he was dressed well, even though she only glanced at him as he ate breakfast. She knew why he brushed his hair, brushed and flossed his teeth, and left early.

"It's because of her...." Maka whispered.

"Mmm hmm! And you won't keep him from her even though you like him. It's obvious ya know." Maka looked shocked at Blair's words. They were very true. Blair's content face made Maka blush out of embarrassment as she looked up at Maka from her position, upside down, on the couch with her ears just grazing the floor.

Blair then shifted quickly so she was on her stomach and her head in her hands with her legs crossed on the armrest taking up a lot of the room on the couch. The girls stared at each other for a little while until Maka's eyes started to water up and she almost burst out crying but instead took a deep deep breath.

Soul walked into Ms. Marie's class and sat down, disappointed that Crystal wasn't here. Then she walked in, and she was as stunning as always. And when she saw Soul's new outfit, she smiled and sat down.

"Aighty then class, we shall be starting right now with a pop quiz!" Marie practically screamed. The class groaned and pulled out a piece of paper.

"Wait a minute whores and man whores, put away your papers, this quiz is to be taken on my special test papers!" Everyone stared at Ms. Marie like she grew three heads and one of them was black, one white, one Asian, and one with six tongues and a terrible case of face-herpes.

Soul knew it was already gonna be a 'special' day.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Muahahaha! This is part one of this chapter. My wifi is being fucky so I'm getting super annoyed. I was listening to some music and i guess the mood and lyrics kinda altered my writing for a sec so that's where that Marie stuff came from. If anyone was wondering.

I promise ill make the next part soon enough. And yeah... Bye.....