Poetic justice

"Ssshhhhh don't wake her up, just let her sleep!"

"But I made breakfast for everyone! She has to eat my pancakes!!"

"Ashsashashasha!!! Shush! She's been through enough, just let her sleep! She can eat when she wakes up!"

"What's this all about? Is Maka still sleeping? Well don't wake her up, that would be rude."

"That's what I'm saying!!"

Maka opened one eye slowly. She wasn't in her room, or in her house. She opened the other eye, and peered around quickly. The door to the room was open just a crack, and she could hear frantic and loud whispering with a ton of shushing. She heard Liz's fast whispering and shushing, she also heard Patty's super loud can't-whisper-for-her-life whispering. Then he heard Kid whispering, he was perfectly balanced in his quietness and shushing, so she knew it was him.

When she heard Liz say she'd been through enough, she wondered what she was talking about for a split second, but then it all came rushing back. She fought back tears, and then questioned how they knew what happened.

Just then the door flew open.

"Rise and shine Maka!!!" Patty exclaimed. Hands appeared in the doorway grabbing her, and tried to snag her back out of the room, but Patty held onto the door frame with all fours for dear life with a giant smile plastered on her face. Liz and Kid pulled like there was no tomorrow until Patty screamed and let go, catapulting them into the wall.

Well if they wanted to wake me up, it worked, Maka thought.

Maka walked into the kitchen where the aroma of pancakes, eggs, and bacon greeted her. Patty was already seated at the table, wolfing down a stack of pancakes with whipped cream and a bacon Eiffel Tower on top. Liz got up from her chair and greeted Maka. "Good morning! That wake up call was not how we wanted you to get up. Sorry...." She glanced at Patty, who looked like a rabid squirrel with whipped cream and bacon bits all over her mouth and a crazy look in her eyes.

"What would you like? We cooked up a nice breakfast because we knew you were feeling down." Kid said as he suddenly appeared next to her, with his usual suit on. He waved his hand at the table where platters of food awaited consumption. Mmmm where to begin?

Maka grabbed a plate and served herself a generous amount of eggs and 2 pancakes. She loved eggs, but couldn't have them very often in the house because for some reason Soul didnt like eggs. How odd, considering he ate every kishin egg they obtained.

Her vision started to take a dive underwater unexpectedly. Tears were swimming in her eyes at the very thought of Soul. She forced herself to look up and then Liz spoke.

"What's the matter Maka?" Maka didn't answer. She wanted to keep her mind off of Soul.

"How did you guys find me? I mean, how did you know where I was and what happened?" Maka said. Patty opened her mouth to speak, but Kid looked at her and then she shut up.

"It was Blair. She didn't know what to do so she landed her pumpkin on the street in front of the house. She and Patty are well aquainted so she knew that we're friends. Patty came to the door and Blair explained what had happened. So we got our raincoats and went to the DWMA." Kid finished.

"Where's Blair?" Maka asked.

"No idea." Liz said. "She just left after taking a can of tuna out of our fridge. We figured you didn't wanna go home just yet." Maka nodded. She looked down at her half eaten breakfast. Her appetite was gone now that she was talking about last night.

"Are you going to go back to your house today? You don't have to." Kid offered nicely. Maka smiled appreciatively.

"Ya know, boys are clueless. He didn't know." Liz sat next to Maka on the bed in the guest room. Liz was folding clothes, they had to be perfectly symmetrical.

"I'm not trying to defend him, but I'm not against him." Liz added.

"It's just, what will I say to him? How will he react? And what about her?" Maka sighed. She looked up at Liz.

"Well, I'm not the expert, but I know that you have to get your feelings in order. If you want to express them to him, the sooner the better. And you may not want to, but you have to consider this other girl."

Liz got up and said, "I'm gonna go make dinner with Patty. Ill see you. And I hope I helped." It did help. Maka wasn't ready to talk to Soul just yet, but she knew how to get her feelings out.

Liz sat down next to Maka on the couch. It's very late, but it's the weekend. Liz glanced at Maka and realized she'd fallen asleep on the pillows. Guess she's staying one more night, Liz thought.

There's a paper on the floor next to her.

A poem.

"Putting my defenses up, cause I don't wanna fall in love, and I'm falling down into my shadow, but even when you're lost, here I am, forever with your soul. As long as you've got your suit and tie, you can leave it all in my heart tonight, but I think this is the end. I hold my breath and count to ten, feel the earth move and then, you're with her when you belong with me, why can't you see... Just tell me what you're thinking of, or anything at all, but I just hope that you miss me a little when I'm gone."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A double fucking update, just for you! Well I hope you're fucking happy cuz I've gotta go to mutherfucking school tomorrow and it's 1:15 in the morning! I'm gunna fall asleep in algebra and fail cuz I only got like 4 and a half hours of sleep.

Haha I don't care. Love u guisse anyways for ruining my grades! TANK JOUS!