Thoughts.

This is a short chapter, kinda just to give u people something to do quick cuz I'm thinking out the next couple of chapters very carefully.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Soul had the best day ever yesterday. After asking out the girl of his dreams, having her say yes, and getting her number, it just so happened that it conveniently started to rain so he had an excuse to take her home!

Not to mention she kissed him on the cheek!!! Soul was still in shock about it! If he thought about the kiss too long he would start to freeze and touch his cheek absentmindedly. He couldn't believe it. And he kept saying it too. And thinking it. And while he did his extra credit homework, he wrote it too.

All he thought about was this date. It's a shame he spent his best outfit on trying to get Crystal to go out with him. Soul made a mental note to get a brand new, sexy outfit. He tried to think it out. To a movie, then dinner. But then the term is believed to be dinner and a movie. But then maybe dinner is too forward. This stuff really turns your brain inside out, Soul thought. But with the way he was around Crystal, it would be ten times harder to do anything. He hoped it would be alright.

Once at home, Soul changed out of his now wet clothes and put on some shorts and a t-shirt. As he walked past Blair, she gave him a very funny look. Not that he noticed. Soul was reliving a little while ago in his mind, when he took Crystal home. She lived in an apartment about 10 minutes from his place and 5 minutes from the DWMA. He didn't go inside, but he gave her a brief hug.

She walked right up to the lobby doors. She was rubbing her arms because by now they were both pretty wet. Just as she pushed open the door, Crystal looked back over her shoulder and smiled at Soul.

Soul was completely enveloped in his thoughts and feelings for Crystal. So much he was, that again he hadnt had a single thought of Maka. Not a even a single wisp of acknowledgement that she existed. And just like before, when he finally realized, it hit him hard.

He didn't take her to school.

He didn't even look for her.

He didn't take her home.

He didn't do anything.

Far away, in a certain symmetrical mansion, the same thoughts came to Maka Albarn.

The memory of the kiss that was so glorious to Soul, was the same one that racked Makas body with sobs and made her want to wail. She hated that she felt this way. She needed this hole in her heart gone.

He didn't do anything.

She cried and then cried some more. Pats on the back, hugs and assurances didnt help; how could they?

He didn't mean to, was his excuse. He didn't know. He never realized. It was disgusting how sad it was, she was here crying over a boy who didn't even know what he did.

His actions, his feelings, just him, was what had her heart torn, crushed, ripped.

And yet he didn't do anything.