Chapter 2: Settling In

After the Sullys and we had grabbed their supplies, Tsireya and I had led them through the village towards their hut.

"Right this way," Tsireya said, leading the way.

I stayed in the middle of the group so I could make sure they were going the right way. I was looking straight ahead when I noticed the little Na'vi bounce her way over to me.

"I'm Tuktirey but everyone calls me Tuk," Tuk said, smiling up at me. I could tell she was not as nervous as she was before.

"Why hello Tuk. My name is Y/n. It is very nice to meet you," I said, smiling down at her. I wasn't much of a kid person but this one was different. She was adorable and social and not annoying like the little kids in my village.

Tuk laughed as she continued to bounce along the path. I smiled at the sight.

"She's adorable isn't she?" The taller boy said to me.

"She really is. I can't wait for my mother to have our little sibling. I hope they're just like Tuk," I said to him.

"I'm Neteyam by the way," he said, walking in pace with me.

"I'm Y/n," I responded.

"Y/n. What a lovely name."

I slightly blushed at the last comment but made sure it wasn't obvious.

"WaHt A lOvElY nAmE," the younger boy mocked Neteyam.

"Lo'ak would you shut your mouth," Neteyam said, shoving Lo'ak a little. I chuckled at the sight. Brotherly love.

"Here we are," Tsireya said, walking into the hut. She and I set down their belongings and stepped back so they could enter their new home.

"This is perfect. Thank you," Jake said, smiling at us.

"We'll let you get settled then," I said looking over at Tsireya, signaling that it was time to go.

As we walked out of the hut, I noticed Tsireya had a smile on her face.

"What is it, sister?" I said giving her a questionable look.

"Nothing I'm just happy to have new people here," she said, looking at her feet.

"You mean Lo'ak. Don't think I didn't see you two looking at each other when they first arrived. He couldn't keep his eyes off of you," I said, nudging her as we walked.

"That is not true. I was looking at all of them, not just him."

"Mhmm sureee."

"Oh yeah? And what about Neteyam hm?"

I looked at her confused. "What do you mean?"

"He was clearly staring at you the whole time we were walking to their hut. Oh, and he complimented your name."

"First of all, he was not staring. Second of all, he was just being polite. After all, I am the chief's oldest daughter. He doesn't want to make a bad first impression."

"Whatever you say sister," she said, ending the conversation.

*A few hours later*

"Alright so we're going to start with seeing how well you guys do in the water," I said to the Sully kids.

Ao'nung, Tsireya, Rotxo, Ao'nung's best friend, and I were already in the water waiting for them to come in.

"Come on Kiri let's go," Tuk said to her older sister as they ran and jumped into the water.

Lo'ak and Neteyam gave each other a look and smiled before jumping in themselves.

Ao'nung. Tsireya, Rotxo, and I dove under the water after them.

As the bubbles had cleared away from us diving under, I saw the Sully kids in absolute awe at the scene around them. I react the same way sometimes at the beautiful sight of the ocean.

'We should swim around to see how well they can swim,' Tsireya signed to me.

'I agree,' I signed back.

I waved my hand in front of the others to get their attention. When they finally turned to look at me, I beckoned for them to follow us. They all nodded and began to follow us.

Unfortunately, we only made it a short distance before they went to the surface for air. After a moment, they came back down.

'Are you okay?' Tsireya signed to them.

Lo'ak and Neteyam gave each other a confused look before swimming back to the surface again. I looked over at Ao'nung and he rolled his eyes.

'You need to be patient. They're learning,' I signed to him.

'Let's go see what's going on,' Tsireya signed.

The three of us followed her as she swam back to the surface.

"Are you okay?" She said to them.

"You're going too fast for us. Slow down," Tuk pleaded.

"Yes and we don't understand this finger talk," Neteyam said, making a hand motion.

"Sorry. We will try to go at a slower pace for you. As for the "finger talk", we will teach you. It is necessary to know how to communicate underwater in case something bad happens," I said to them.

"You are not good divers. Maybe good at swinging through trees," Ao'nung said before Tsireya elbowed him. I swear he can be so annoying at times. You'd think he'd be more mature for his age but he isn't.

"What where's Kiri?" Tuk said, looking around.

"Kiri? Where is Kiri?" Rotxo said, looking at Ao'nung.

"She's not a thing you Skxawng (moron). She's their sister. I'll go look for her," I said before diving back under.

I swam around a little bit, passing fish and other sea creatures on the way. After a few minutes, I finally found her. She was mesmerized by the ocean life surrounding her. The fact that she had held her breath underwater for this long amazed me. She was definitely different from her brothers and sister.

I swam up to her, making sure to make myself known so I wouldn't scare her. She turned and looked at me giving me a smile. I smiled back before pointing up, signaling for her to come to the surface with me.

She nodded and we make our way up.

We broke the surface and took a moment to catch our breath for air.

"There you are!" Tuk said, swimming over to hug her.

"I wasn't down there very long," she said wiping the water from her eyes.

"Actually you were down there for quite some time. We didn't notice you were gone at first," Tsireya said.

"Oh I didn't know that," she said a little surprised.

"Well, now that everyone's here let's show you how to manage your breathing."

*How are you guys liking the story so far? I hope you're enjoying it. I'm going to try to upload when I can but there might be some time differences with the uploads. Also, I wanted to say that I'm not going to rush you and Neteyam's relationship. I want to take it slow. I hope that's okay.*