Chapter 5: Breaking the News

I stormed out of the hut absolutely furious. I can't believe they're doing this to me. They couldn't have at least picked someone decent. No, they had to pick the asshole of the clan.

As I was grumbling under my breath, I bumped into someone.

"Would you watch where you're going?" I said, snapping.

I looked up to see who had even dared to cross my path right now. Neteyam.

I let out a sigh and calmed myself down. "I'm sorry Neteyam. I didn't know it was you."

"Don't be sorry. You are clearly upset right now. I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention. I was trying to find you actually. Your sister was looking for you," he said.

"She was? Oh lead the way then," I said, trying to hide the fact that I was upset.

We walked to the beach in silence. I think Neteyam was a little concerned with how I reacted earlier so he decided it was best to stay quiet. As we arrived, I saw the Sully kids, my siblings, and Rotxo all standing there.

I approached them and Ao'nung and Tsireya gave me concerned looks.

"What happened sister?" Ao'nung said.

"It is nothing important," I said, trying to ignore what had happened.

"You're lying. Now tell us," Tsireya stated.

"If you must know, father and mother are forcing me to mate with Omocan since I'm of age and they're apparently supposed to decide for me," I said, getting mad again.

Tsireya and Ao'nung both stepped back with mouths open and eyes wide. I could tell Lo'ak, Tuk, and Kiri were all confused. I turned to look at Neteyam and he didn't look happy at all.

"Out of everyone they could have picked, they picked him?" Ao'nung stated. "I'm not friends with him anymore for a reason."

"Sister this isn't good. They should give you the option and if you have to be with him, you could be in danger," Tsireya said, worried.

"Wait, who is Omocan?" Lo'ak said, confused.

"He is a terrible Na'vi. He is cruel and mean to everyone that is our age and younger. Ao'nung used to be friends with him when they were younger but he changed. He became cocky and selfish," Tsireya stated.

"What happens if you don't mate with him?" Neteyam spoke up.

"I don't know but we're going to find out because I'm not going to mate with that thing," I said, annoyed.

The more that I talked about it the angrier I was getting. "I need to take a moment to think about everything," I said before walking away.

Neteyam's POV:

Of course, the one girl I start to like has to be with someone else.