Chapter 9: The Fight

After my mini lesson teaching Neteyam how to ride and Ilu, we all decided to sit on the beach and talk together. We all discussed the differences between living in the jungle and living on the ocean. We talked about the different animals and how Ao'nung, Tsireya, Roxto, and I all wished that we could learn how to fly Ikran.

"Sometime we will bring our Ikran back here and take you for a ride," Lo'ak said to us. "It truly is amazing to see the area from so far up."

Sometimes I wish that I could've been born into a jungle clan but I also love being by the ocean. I know that Aywa has a plan for all of us and if I have to be in the Metkayina clan so be it.

As we all continued talking, I heard someone come up behind me. I looked ahead of me and saw Ao'nung and Tsireya glaring.

"What do you want?" Ao'nung said.

"I came to see Y/n. Her father wants to speak to her immediately," the Na'vi responded. I knew exactly who it was.

"Omocan. What does my father want now? Last time he sent you, I wasn't too happy with the result," I said, annoyed.

"You'll see. Now come on let's go," he said, grabbing my arm and pulling me off of the ground. I tried to pull my arm away but it was no use.

"Hey! Don't touch her," Neteyam said, standing up.

Omocan let go of my arm and walked closer to Neteyam. They were face to face, glaring at each other.

"Oh yeah? And what are you going to do about it kalweyaveng (son of a bitch)?" Omocan stated.

"Boys," Kiri said, trying to give them a warning. "Behave."

"He's the one being a kurkung (asshole)," Neteyam said not moving his eyes from Omocan.

"What did you just call me?" Omocan questioned.

"You heard me."

"Oh no," Lo'ak said under his breath.

Just as Lo'ak had finished his comment, Omocan shoved Neteyam backward as a way of showing that he was stronger. This very quickly escalated things.

Neteyam shoved Omocan back harder, almost causing Omocan to fall. Suddenly, Omocan walked forward and attempted to punch Neteyam in the face but luckily he dodged it and swung back at Omocan, getting a clean hit. But it didn't stop there. Omocan swung at Neteyam again, making contact this time.

"Should we help him?" Ao'nung whispered to me.

"We may as well put a stop to it or they're going to tear each other apart," I said, walking over to the fighting boys.

"Alright! Enough!" I yelled, trying to get their attention. It didn't work. I turned around and looked at Ao'nung and Roxto for support.

They nodded and walked over to break up the fight. Ao'nung grabbed Omocan by his neck, putting him in a choke hold while Roxto grabbed Neteyam and pulled him away from Omocan.

"Let... me... go," Omocan said, struggling against Ao'nung's hold.

"Only if you decide to stop. You're acting like a child," I said to him.

"Okay... I... will."

I nodded my head at Ao'nung and he let the boy go. Omocan turned around and gave Ao'nung a look that could kill if it was possible. I turned my head to see the state that Neteyam and Omocan were in. Omocan had a black eye and a few cuts on his face and body. There was blood running down his nose from where I assume Neteyam hit the first time. Neteyam, on the other hand, was in much better shape. He only had a few minor cuts and a split lip. Everything else seemed perfectly fine with him.

"You. Go ahead by yourself. I will go see my father in a moment," I said, pointing to Omocan.

He gave Neteyam one last glare before walking back down the path from where he came from. The nerve that that boy has amazes me.

After he was out of sight, I walked over to Neteyam to make sure he was alright. I cupped my hands around his face and moved it around, looking to make sure there wasn't anything that I couldn't see.

"I'm alright I promise," he said, licking the blood off of his lip. It was slightly attractive but I had to push that thought to the back of my mind.

"Thank you," I said, turning his face back so it was facing mine. "You didn't have to do that but I'm glad you did. He deserved that."

"Anything for you princess," he said, smiling at me. Oh my Aywa this boy was making it very difficult to not catch feelings.

I let go of his face and put my arms down by my side. "I have to go now but I'll come find you later on. I can only imagine how this conversation is going to go. I might need to complain to you."

"I'll be waiting for you. Let me know how everything goes," he said before I walked away from the group.

I couldn't help but smile as I made my way down the path. This boy really does care about me, doesn't he?