Chapter 15: The Morning After

I awoke the next morning still laying in Neteyam's arms, my head placed on his chest. He was lightly snoring and still holding me tightly. How is he even cute when he's sleeping I know for a fact that I don't look that good when I sleep.

I moved my eyes around to see if anyone else was still asleep. Jake, Neytiri, and Tuk had all left the hut while Kiri, Lo'ak, and Tsireya were still asleep. Lo'ak and Tsireya were still in the same position they were in the night before. Tsireya had a small smile on her face as she slept soundly.

I laid there for a moment before I felt a stirring next to me. I looked up and saw that he was slowly waking up.

"Good morning," he said in a raspy voice. Oh my Aywa.

"Good morning," I replied, keeping my cool.

He looked down at me and gently began rubbing his thumb across my arm. I looked up and my blue eyes met his golden ones. I swear I could stare at them for hours. He looked away from me for a moment and noticed that Lo'ak and Tsireya were still asleep as well.

"He loves her you know?" He said. "He told me himself."

"He does? Did he say the word "love" or just implied that he did?" I responded. It's not that I didn't believe him, I just wanted to make sure my sister wasn't going to get hurt.

"No, he told me when we were talking about you two."

"You talking about us?" I asked propping myself up on my arm and smirking.

"Is that a problem?" I questioned, copying my actions. He propped himself up as well, facing me.

"What were you saying about us?"

"I wasn't saying anything about Tsireya, Lo'ak was. I was talking about you."

"And what did you say?" I asked once more.

"I simply said that I was glad you and I have gotten close," he responded.

"Liar." I looked over to see who had spoken and Lo'ak and Tsireya were awake listening to our conversation.

"What are you talking about little bro?" Neteyam said, sitting up in a crisscross position.

"You were saying that you are so happy every time she's around and that you wish you could be around her all day, every day," he stated.

"I didn't say that exactly but something similar yes," he said, starting to get nervous.

"Yous aid exactly that and you also said that she's beautiful and you wish that-"

"Okay! Y/n why don't we go do something? I'm sure that there's something new you could teach me," Neteyam said, standing up and pulling me off the ground. He led me to the exit of the hut after glaring at Lo'ak.

"You can't keep denying it!" I heard Lo'ak yell as we exited the hut. Neteyam let out a sigh and shook his head. He began to walk down the path and I followed next to him.

"What was that all about?" I questioned.

"Oh nothing," he replied quickly.

"Mhmm sure."

"Just Lo'ak being his normal self that's all."

I looked over and gave him a confused look. He shrugged his shoulders and raised his hands, signaling that he didn't know.

"You don't have to teach me anything either. We could just walk around if you'd like," he suggested.

"That's fine by me," I stated.

For a little while, Neteyam and I walked around the village, talking and pointing out little things in our surroundings. It was peaceful.

Until someone decided to ruin it.

"Y/n!"

I turned around to see the one and only... Omocan. My face had instantly gone from a smile to a frown.

"What do you want Omocan?" I said annoyed.

"I want to talk to you... alone," he replied, glaring at Neteyam. Neteyam glared back and grabbed my waist protectively.

"Net, it's okay. I'll talk to him and we can continue on happily," I said. I turned around and gently rubbed his chest, looking up at him with a smile.

"Okay I'll be waiting," he said, smiling back.

I turned back around and faced Omocan. I nodded at him, signaling for him to walk forward so we could talk.

"What did you want to tell me?" I asked.

"Well I've been thinking about it and I think that you owe me an apology for that little incident from the other day," he said, calmly.

"I don't owe you anything Omocan. You were being childish and rude. You deserved that."

"Actually you do." He stopped and stared at me.

"And what exactly do I owe you." I stopped and faced him as well.

"This."

Before I could even respond, Omocan grabbed my shoulders and pushed me back into the beam behind me. He leaned in and placed his lips onto mine. I froze. I looked around panicking as he continued. Eventually, I was able to snap out of it and push him off of me.

"Wow, we should do that more often," Omocan said, wiping his lips.

"Yeah, maybe you should."

I looked over and Neteyam was standing there. I don't think I had ever seen him so hurt.

"Neteyam, it's not what it looks like," I said, walking up to him. He began walking away from me and I grabbed his arm, turning him around.

"Neteyam-"

"Do not talk to me right now," he snapped. He yanked his arm out of my hand and continued to walk away angrily. This time I didn't follow.

I began to tear up, knowing that there was going to be no way to fix this.

"Well I guess that solves that issue," Omocan said behind me.

"You..." I mumbled under my breath.

"What?"

"You! This is all you're fault!" I screamed walking up to Omocan.

"It is not."

"Oh yes, it is! I swear you are going to meet Aywa very soon if you don't cut the shit!"

Before I did anything stupid, I turned around and began to walk in the other direction. I had only made it a little wase before I heard that annoying voice behind me.

"Maybe I'll use tongue next time," Omocan joked.

I stopped in my path and slowly turned around, absolutely furious. That's it. I curled my hand up into a ball and walked up to Omocan, punching him in the face. He turned his face back so he was facing me once more. He was speechless.

"That's what you get for being an ass," I said once more before walking away.

When I had finally walked away enough to the point where I was alone, I stopped and sat down. There was no way I could contain it anymore. I began to cry.

How was I ever going to make things right with him now? I know exactly how that looked and I would've acted the same way if I was him. He has every right to be angry with me. He most likely won't even talk to me again. Perfect. Absolutely perfect.

*I am so sorry for this guys. I had to include some sort of disagreement between you two. Don't worry things will get better soon. Also, you guys have been so positive in the comments and I absolutely love it. Thank you so much.*