Chapter 13: Our Family Has Returned

The next morning I work up, remembering the events that had taken place last night. After Neteyam and I's conversation, we continued talking and acting as if nothing had ever happened before the conversation. I did feel bad for not telling Neteyam completely how I felt, but I wanted to be sure that I had feelings for him. It was better that way.

As I lay there, I heard a sudden commotion coming from outside causing me to sit up. I heard Tsireya yelling outside.

"Everybody! Our brothers and sisters have returned!" She yelled.

I stood up quickly and ran outside of the hut, a huge smile on my face. The Tulkun had finally come back home.

"Come on little sister," Ao'nung said, running past me. I smirked and ran after him. When he got to the edge of the dock, he jumped in, coming back up on his Ilu. I followed suit, doing a front flip into the water and climbing onto my Ilu.

We met up with Tsireya and made our way over to our spirit siblings. My Ilu had swam over to where the Tulkun had stopped to greet everyone. They were all jumping out of the water and doing tricks to show their happiness. Everyone was smiling and yelling with joy. As soon as I spotted my spirit sister, Ni'awtu, I let go of my Ilu and dove into the water, swimming down to greet her.

"Hello Ni'awtu, I've missed you so much," I signed to her.

"Hello Y/n, I've missed you as well. How have you been?" She replied.

"I've been alright. There is so much I need to catch you up on."

"Of course go on."

"I met a boy Ni'awtu. He is very sweet and caring. He has a good heart. You would love him," he signed, referring to Neteyam.

"I knew there was something. You seemed a lot more cheerful than the last time I saw you," she responded back. "Is that the boy you're referring to behind you?"

I tilted my head and furrowed my brows, showing her that I was confused. She turned, pointing her fin behind me. I turned my body around and saw that Neteyam was behind me, trying to sign to my brother. I turned back around and nodded my head to Ni'awtu.

"He is adorable," she replied, squinting her eyes showing her happiness for me. "Call him over."

I nodded once more, turning around again and beckoning him to come over with my hand. He pointed at himself and signed "me?"

"Yes now come here," I signed back.

He nodded and swam over next to me.

"Ni'awtu this is Neteyam. Neteyam this is Ni'awtu," I signed to both of them.

"It is very nice to meet you," Neteyam signed to her. I will say his signing has gotten much better since the first time he attempted it.

"It is nice to meet you too," she replied.

I spun around and saw Tsireya was speaking to her spirit sister. She was telling her about how she met Lo'ak and how she has a slight crush on him. I knew it. Ao'nung was telling his spirit brother about his life and how he's been trying to be a good big brother to Tsireya and I. I hope he knows he's doing a good job.

When I spun back around, I saw that Neteyam was speaking to Ni'awtu. It seems that I missed the first part of the conversation because I had no idea what they were talking about.

"What are you discussing?" I signed to them.

"Don't worry about it," Neteyam signed back, smiling.

I looked at Ni'awtu and glared at her. "You better tell me," I signed.

She made a sound to show her excitement and held up her fin for Neteyam to take. This girl is stealing my man right now.

"I am not telling you a word. You will see," she replied to me. "Now I'm going to see everyone else."

She said one last goodbye and made her way over to my family to say hello. It was always a big family reunion when the Tulkun returned. Now that she was gone, I looked at Neteyam and glared.

"Tell me. Now," I signed.

"As she said, you will see princess. It's a surprise," he signed.

"Sometimes I wish you didn't learn how to talk underwater."

He faked gasped by opening his mouth, making sure not to take in any water, and placed his hand on his chest, acting like he was offended.

"You are just mad that we won't tell you about our conversation," he replied.

"Am not."

"Are too."

This boy I swear. It's like having a child around me all the time.

"Come on let's go introduce you to the others," I signed to him, waving my hand for him to follow me.

He followed me as we made our way over to Tsireya and her spirit sister. Lo'ak had come over to meet her Tulkun as well. It seemed that they were getting along quite nicely.

For the next few hours, everyone swam around speaking to each other. The Na'vi and the Tulkun all joining together in conversations and playing around. The Tulkun returning home was a time for celebration and rejoice. Everyone was happy. It was an amazing sight.