Chapter 24: This Ends Now

Neyetam's POV:

She's gone. I let her slip out of my grasp and now he has her. Who know's what he'll do to her if my dad doesn't do what he wants?

"We need to go after her," I said, looking at my family.

"Neteyam, I know you care about her but he's dangerous. Our family is together and safe," my mother stated.

"We can't just leave her!" I yelled. I wasn't going to leave her no matter what.

"Why do you care so much?" She asked.

"Because I love her!" I stopped after saying that. I mean I knew I loved her but saying it out loud for the first time was odd to say. My family looked around after each other with sad looks.

"Please," I pleaded with them.

"He's right. We can't leave her behind. She would've done the same for any of us. She's injured and still decided to help us find Kiri and Tuk," Dad said, picking up a nearby gun.

I let out a sigh and lowered my head. I was worried I was going to have to go alone. They weren't going to stop me from going after her.

"Thank you," I said to him. He nodded and looked at our family.

"Neytiri you need to take the kids to safety. I don't want them getting caught in the middle of this. I've had enough of saving our family tonight," Dad stated.

He looked at me and shook his head. "I know you won't let me go without you so there's no use fighting. Let's go."

I nodded and picked up Y/n's spear that she had set down when Quaritch was holding me hostage. This guy really has a thing for holding kids against their will in order to get my dad. I let out one last sigh and followed after him.

We're coming for you Y/n.

Y/n's POV:

"Let me go!" I yelled as he continued to pull me back. No matter how hard I tried to get out of his grasp, he wasn't going to let go.

"You can fight all you want kitty cat but I'm not letting you go until Jake gets here," Quaritch stated.

He finally stopped pulling my hair and dropped me onto the ground. I quickly tried to crawl away from him but he grabbed my arm and attached a restraint to my wrist and attached the other end to the bar of the ship. This was where we were earlier when I got shot. I remember that very clearly.

I looked down, making sure to avoid eye contact with him. He couched down and grabbed my face, lifting it up to look at him. I glared as our eyes met.

"I don't know why you helped them honestly. You haven't known them long and now look at the situation you're in. All because of them," he said in a calm voice.

I snarled at him and bit at his hand. He pulled it back and looked at it, making sure I didn't leave a mark. Unfortunately, I didn't. He smiled and looked back down at me.

"You can keep fighting but you're not going to touch me. I don't even want to hurt you, it's Jake I want," he said, standing up. "But if it takes hurting you to get his attention then so be it."

I was about to speak but a voice coming from the far side of the ship stopped me. Quaritch turned his head in the direction of the noise and I tilted my head, looking behind Quaritch. I knew exactly whose voice that was. Neteyam.

Neteyam's POV:

"Y/n!" I called out hoping to get a response back.

Dad and I had stopped to listen for any sign of her. Her cries, her voice, Quaritch's voice. Anything. But there was nothing. I called out one more time and listened. Dad looked over at me and frowned.