Chapter 16: Silent Treatment

I continued to stay in the spot for what felt like hours. All I could do was cry and think about what I could possibly do to fix it. I already knew he was going to tell his family so there would be no way I could ask them for help. I could ask my siblings for help but I think this is something that I need to figure out on my own. I hurt him. I need to be responsible for that.

As I stayed there, I heard someone come up behind me.

"Go away!" I yelled.

"You're funny if you think we are leaving our sister alone."

I turned around and saw Ao'nung standing there with Tsireya.

"You guys don't have to be here," I said, turning back to face the water.

I heard them come up closer and both of them sat on either side of me.

"We want to be here. You've been alone long enough," Tsireya said, rubbing my back.

"We heard what happened," Ao'nung added. "Neteyam isn't talking to anyone right now."

"You spoke to him?" I said, raising my head.

"Well not exactly. Lo'ak told us that Neteyam was furious when he came back to their hut and he wouldn't tell him why for the longest time. Eventually, he told Lo'ak what had happened."

"We assume that it's far from the truth," Tsireya said.

"What did you hear?" I asked.

"We heard that Omocan wanted to speak to you alone so Neteyam gave you space. He noticed that you were gone for a bit so he went to go check on you. When he finally found you, he saw that you were kissing Omocan," Ao'nung stated.

"He needs space right now so he's not talking to anyone, not even Lo'ak. He only told him what happened so he would stop harassing him," Tsireya said.

"I don't blame him. I really hurt him," I mumbled.

"You didn't mean to. This is all Omocan's fault. He knew what he was doing. He wanted to upset Neteyam so you wouldn't be close anymore," Tsireya said.

"Well he got what he wanted," I stated, annoyed.

"Why don't we head back to our hut? We can talk there and you can do your thinking there," Ao'nung said, standing up.

Tsireya stood up as well. "I agree. I think we should all go back now."

As much as I didn't want to, I decided it most likely would have been best for me to go with them. I held up my hand for Ao'nung to take and he pulled me off of the ground.

The two walked on either side of me as we got closer to the village. I knew that if I saw any of the Sulleys, it wouldn't go well. I didn't want there to be any trouble but I know that there would be death glares or some comments. I don't blame them. I would do the same if it was my brother or sister.

Finally, we made it to our hut without interacting with anyone. Everyone must've been busy doing their own thing thankfully.

I walked in and laid down on my mat. All I wanted to do was lay there and forget about everything.

"Well give you some space for now, but we're going to stay in the hut with you," Ao'nung said.

"Okay," I said blankly.

I laid there for a while, taking in everything. I know it sounds like I'm being overdramatic but I honestly can't help it. I'm so scared that I won't be able to talk to him again. I know there's going to be no way for me to explain myself.

"Y/n, someone is here to speak to you," Tsireya said.

"Tell them to go away. I don't want to be around anyone right now," I said.