Chapter 7: Questioning

I slowly lifted my head up to see... Tsireya and Ao'nung standing there.

"Oh my Aywa you guys scared me," I said, holding my hand to my heart. "Where's mother and father?"

"We're not sure. I assume they are just attending leader business," Ao'nung said, shrugging his shoulders.

"You didn't answer our question. Where have you been?" Tsireya said, crossing her arms.

"I'm not sure why it matters where I've been. You're my siblings not my parents," I said, annoyed.

"It's late and you're just now getting home. We would like to know," Ao'nung stated.

"Fine. When I left you guys at the beach, I went for a ride on my Ilu until it got dark so I could have some alone time. Then when I got back, I sat on the beach and talked to Neteyam for a while," I explained.

"You and Neteyam were alone?" Tsireya questioned.

"Yeah? What about it?"

Ao'nung and Tsireya looked at each other and smirked.

"Sister, I think something is going on between you two," Ao'nung said. "You've been spending a lot of time with him lately."

"I was thinking the same thing," Tsireya chimed in.

"So? I'm just trying to get to know the new Na'vi better. That doesn't mean I like him," I said, confused about the sudden questioning.

"Who said anything about you liking him?" Ao'nung questioned.

"I-," I paused, not knowing what to say.

"Do you like him?" Tsireya asked.

I wasn't sure how to answer that question if I'm being honest. I don't think that I like him but something feels different when I'm around him. I feel comfortable and safe when he's around. I always feel like I can be myself.

"I wouldn't say that I like him. I just met him," I answered.

"But you have a slight crush on him, don't you?" Tsireya said.

I let out a loud sigh. "Would you be happy if I said yes?"

"YES," they both exclaimed in unison.

I laughed at their sudden excitement. It was nice seeing them actually interested in something in my life.

"Wait do you know what this means?" Ao'nung said. "Mother and father cannot find out about this. They will forbid you from seeing Neteyam."

"He's right. If they find out that you're interested in someone who isn't Omocan, they will be furious. You're going to have to keep it a secret," Tsireya stated.

"First of all, I'm not in love with him or anything (yet), and second of all, Neteyam doesn't feel that way either. So there's nothing to keep a secret," I said to them.

"But you have shown interest, have you not?" Ao'nung said.

"I suppose."

They looked at each other once more.

"Okay okay. I understand what you are saying. I will make sure that no one sees Neteyam and I get close even though I don't think anything will happen between us." I threw my arms up.

"I'm going to bed now that we've questioned you enough," Ao'nung said, yawning.

We all said goodnight to him as he walked into his section of our hut. Tsireya looked at me and smiled.

"I haven't seen you this happy in a while. You've seemed more cheerful than normal. I think he has something to do with it," she said to me.

"I think so too to be honest," I replied.

After our conversation, we both decided to head to bed for the night before our parents came back to the hut. I laid down for a moment before I heard Tsireya say one last thing.

"I have noticed that he can't keep his eyes off of you when you're around."