Proof Would Ruin Our Friendship

A/N: this idea was inspired by a TikTok by maureese

A/N: this idea was inspired by a TikTok by maureese.eugenio.

"JC seems to have moved on pretty quickly." Beatrice pointed out as she and Ava wandered through the halls of the Cat's Cradle.

Ava shrugged her shoulders.

"I guess I've moved on too. I mean, I don't think about him, and I think that Mary was right. I wasn't in love with him." Ava replied.

Beatrice nodded and skimmed her fingertips across the paintings on the walls.

"How are you so sure that you don't love him?" Beatrice asked. Ava bit her cheek as she thought.

"I don't know anything about love, but I've done some light research on it. JC was fun and thrilling, but it wasn't passionate. It wouldn't last for a long time." Ava responded, her eyes scanning over each image on the wall.

They continued their walk in a comfortable blanket of silence.

Last night walks became a ritual between them.

When they couldn't sleep, or simply wanted to be in each other's company, they walked.

They had seen the walls of the fortress several times but something about seeing the halls after dark was different.

Camila had suggested the walks after Beatrice and Ava occasionally bumped into each other during their own wandering journeys.

Thus, last night's walks began.

But it wasn't always the Cat's Cradle's interior.

They walked the gardens and battlements, sometimes stopping to stargaze.

Ava loved Spain, but loved being with Beatrice and her sisters more.

The Cat's Cradle and the OCS was her new home and she couldn't be happier.

She cherished the night walks and lessons with Beatrice, Camila, and Yasmine, and even enjoyed training with Mother Superion and Lilith.

She and Mary often hung out as well, both meeting up to strengthen their friendship and to teach Ava how to do things like cook and bake and use a gun.

It was paradise compared to St. Michael's Orphanage.

"You're a hundred percent sure that you're over JC?" Beatrice asked, snapping Ava out of her thoughts.

Ava gave Beatrice her signature shit-eating grin as she turned to the nun.

"Is that jealousy I hear?" Ava asked, wiggling her eyebrows as Beatrice turned a dark shade of red.

"What? No. I'm just concerned about your and his safety. The Tarasks can still get to you. If you go running off with JC after realizing that you still have feelings for him, you jeopardize yourself and him." Beatrice explained.

Ava rolled her eyes, grinning.

"Yes, Bea. I'm completely over JC." Ava said.

"Proof?" Beatrice asked. Ava stopped in her tracks.

She walked into Beatrice's personal space, grabbing her sweater collar gently and pulling the nun's head down, their faces inches apart.

"Proof would ruin our friendship. And we wouldn't want that." Ava whispered, her breath hot against Beatrice's ear as the Warrior Nun leaned in.

Beatrice's breath hitched as her whole body felt as if it was on fire. Her heart pounded, her pulse quickening and ringing in her ears.

Ava pulled away, releasing the taller woman and started to walk again.

The nun grabbed Ava's wrist before she went too far.

"What if I did? What if I wanted to ruin our friendship?" Beatrice asked, her voice quiet and her whole demeanor timid.

Ava brushed a couple strands of hair out of Beatrice's face and caressed the Sister Warrior's cheek as she chuckled softly.

"Are you sure about that?" Ava asked her quietly.

"Because if we do this, there's no turning back. We ruin our friendship." Ava said.

Beatrice nodded as she pulled Ava closer to her. Ava wrapped her hands around the older woman's neck, but didn't advance any more than that.

She wanted it to be Beatrice's choice.

She didn't want to pressure the nun into anything that she might regret later on.

Beatrice rubbed the collar of Ava's flannel, which the Halo Bearer had stolen from Mary's closet.

She searched Ava's face for any sign of hesitation or discomfort.

All she found was excitement and care.

"Can I kiss you?" Beatrice asked softly. Ava cupped Beatrice's face, grazing her thumbs across the nun's cheeks and nodded in consent.

However, Beatrice didn't move.

"What's wrong?" Ava asked, ready to pull away from the taller girl.

"Nothing- I just need you to give me a verbal answer. I don't want to mess anything up." Beatrice admitted.

Ava smiled warmly and rested her forehead against the Sister Warrior's.

"You can kiss me, Bea." Ava said.

And Beatrice did.

As soon as their lips touched, they didn't stop kissing until the sun rose.

As soon as their lips touched, Ava and Beatrice knew two things for sure:

that there was no going back now, and that their friendship had been ruined by something even more beautiful.

A relationship.