Drowning In Your Love

Ava had always wanted to learn how to swim

It was one of the most personal and meaningful things that she had ever told JC, but never got to go to the Blue Grotto with him.

In the first month of the Sister Warriors' escape from the Vatican, both Ava and the sisters agreed that it would be good for the Halo Bearer to learn how to swim.

You never know when it might come in handy.

Lilith had offered to teach Ava, but the Warrior Nun and Camila disagreed.

They thought that it would be best to figure out what exactly was happening to Lilith.

The nun and Camila left the following week to Arq-Tech to seek Jillian's expertise.

The task didn't last long due to Jillian losing Michael in the Ark portal and the nuns were quickly sent back to the Cat's Cradle.

Mother Superion had sent Beatrice and Ava to the Swiss Alps to keep Ava safe and hidden from Adriel.

Beatrice trained her every day and found them a job at a local bar to keep a low profile.

It was a good way to live considering the circumstances that were thrown at them.

It was, in Ava's words, "honest work", and a good way to get experience.

Of course there were ups and downs to living in a one bed apartment, but as the weeks turned into months, Ava and Beatrice became close and trusted each other completely.

That was what Beatrice had been waiting for.

Unconditional trust.

That's when Beatrice decided to teach Ava how to swim.

"Are you ready?" Beatrice asked as she walked into the living room.

Ava looked up from the journal she was reading, giving the nun a confused look.

Beatrice tossed Ava a red one piece swimsuit.

Ava looked mortified for a moment before realizing what it was.

"Beatrice," Ava started, fidgeting with the fabric in her hands, "do we have to do this right now? I mean, let's go to the bar, have a drink, relax."

Beatrice shook her head.

"You said you wanted to learn how to swim. Today is the day. Don't worry, you'll do great." Beatrice said, crossing over to the Halo Bearer and gently pulling her off the couch.

Ava groaned as she let the nun drag her out of the apartment.

* * *

Beatrice was taken aback when Ava came out of the cabana.

The red swimsuit hugged Ava's body, slightly caressing her newly formed abs. The swimsuit exposed her tanned, toned arms and legs.