Assignments and Arguments

"What the hell were you thinking?" Mary asked Ava as the Sister Warriors made a run for the van

"Just shut up and keep running." Beatrice barked, preventing Ava from speaking.

"It wasn't my fault!" Ava protested as she sprinted ahead of the sisters.

"All of you can it." Lilith hissed. "Camila, start the car." Lilith ordered over their ear pieces.

The engine revved to life as the sisters quickly piled into the back of the van.

Gunshots sounded from outside of the car and Camila wasted no time punching the gas.

"What happened?" Camila asked as she drove further away from the shooters.

The sound of clinks indicated that the van had taken some bullets in their escape.

"Ava was careless." Lilith responded.

"Hey! It was for a good reason." Ava defended.

"Right. Because setting off an alarm was a great idea." Mary quipped. Ava crossed her arms.

"We needed to get into that room. The Halo was drained. There was no other choice. Besides, you all were off doing your own thing." Ava retorted.

"And almost got yourself killed in the process." Beatrice chastised. Her tone was harsh and her demeanor was angry.

Ava looked down at the van floor, picking at her fingers in stress. She hated it when she made people mad or disappointed, especially Beatrice.

Ava whispered a weak "I'm sorry" and went silent for the rest of the ride.

Mary softened slightly, her eyes filled with compassion instead of worry and anger.

However, Lilith and Beatrice were still irritated and cross.

Camila refrained from asking about the mission, figuring that it was better to ask Mary and Lilith about it when they returned to the Cat's Cradle.

The drive was silent, the atmosphere tense.

Mother Superion had sent them on an assignment to retrieve shipments of Divinium and to download information on where the Divinium was being exported from.

Reports of Divinium had been popping up around Europe, making the Church question if there were more sources of the metal.

They had believed that Adriel's armor and the statue of the Tarask was the only organic source of Divinium until recently.