Date Nights and Demons

"How do I look?" Ava asked as she stepped out of the bathroom

Mary whistled as she clapped her hands together.

Ava had on a silk red dress that hugged all the right places, and a matching pair of red heels.

Chanel had told her once that red was her color and Ava ran with it.

"You look drop dead gorgeous, girl. If your plan was to impress Bea, you nailed it." Mary replied, smiling warmly at the Halo Bearer.

Ava chuckled softly as she looked in the mirror.

"Do you think it's too much?" Ava asked. Her forehead creased in worry and Mary stood up to hold Ava's shoulders.

"Don't worry about that. It's your first date. Just keep your head up, be yourself, and enjoy it." Mary said.

Ava smiled and locked eyes with Mary's reflection.

"I just don't want to fuck things up between us. I haven't exactly been what you call lucky in life." Ava said.

Mary squeezed her shoulders reassuringly.

"Ava, you won't fuck things up, I'm sure of it. You're new to this, to ninety-five percent of things, so no one expects you to be perfect at dating. Don't sweat it, kid. I'm sure that Beatrice doesn't have as much experience with relationships either. You'll be okay." Mary said.

Ava turned around and pulled Mary into a tight embrace.

"Thank you, for everything." Ava said. Mary squeezed the Halo Bearer back.

"Of course, Baby H. Now go get your stuff. You don't want to be late for your first date." Mary said.

Ava gave Mary one final squeeze before running back into the bathroom to get her belongings.

*

"What do you think?" Beatrice asked Camila as she fidgeted with her collar.

The nun wore a black turtleneck with black trousers and a gray peacoat and black combat boots.

"I think that you're overthinking things, Bea." Camila answered. Beatrice glared at the Sister Warrior's response.

Camila laughed as she fixed the silver cross pendant on Beatrice's neck.

"Bea, you could show up dressed in a paper bag and Ava would still look at you like you're the entire world. You look great, and Ava will love whatever you wear." Camila elaborated.

Beatrice just huffed and stared at her reflection.

She went back and forth between her hair down or in a bun before Camila finally stopped her.

"Oh quit worrying- no, leave it." Camila said, reaching up to stop Beatrice from taking her hair out of her bun.

"You keep this up any longer and you'll be late." Camila said.