Welcome Home, Mary

A/N: Idea inspired by creator, hah-no

When Beatrice came back from her shift at the Bar La Vasseur, the last thing she expected was to have another mouth to feed.

She found Ava sleeping on the couch, per usual, with a furry friend tucked under her arm; also asleep.

It was a Boxer mix, with fluffy white and light brown fur and triangle shaped, floppy ears.

The dog couldn't have been more than a year or two old, and seemed to be very comfortable around Ava.

Beatrice noticed the faint sound of jazz music and two bowls in the kitchen, one half full of water and the other with crumbs of what seemed to be the leftover pizza from earlier that week.

The nun chuckled softly as Ava's attempt to feed the dog.

She saw the makeshift leash the Halo Bearer had made -which was one of the jump ropes that Beatrice used for cardio- and the pizza box on the counter.

Beatrice crossed back into the living room, careful of the dog, and lightly shook Ava awake.

Ava groaned as she covered her eyes with her arm before the realization of Beatrice arriving home struck her.

The younger woman bolted upright, causing the dog to rise up quickly with her, its teeth bared and growling, hackles raised as it layed eyes on Beatrice.

"Easy, buddy- Bea, I can explain-" Ava stuttered as she threaded her fingers through the dog's fur, a silent message that everything was okay.

Beatrice slowly stuck her hand out, letting the dog sniff her hand in order to get the two of them acquainted.

The dog seemed to take a liking to Beatrice as well, the new companion licking the nun's hand and wrist to show affection.

"What's your name, hm?" Beatrice asked as she gently scratched behind the dog's ears, causing the dog to smile and stick its tongue out.

"There was no collar, and I don't think she has a name. I was thinking of calling her Mary." Ava suggested.

Beatrice met Ava's eyes at the mention of Mary's name.

She still hadn't been found since the Vatican attack a couple months ago.

"You know that it's a girl?" Beatrice asked, not yet ready to decide on the name just yet.