Trails to My Heart (Part 1)

A/N: Sorry it took me so long to update this

A/N: Sorry it took me so long to update this. I've been super busy. Thank you all for 11k views! Hope you enjoy this :)

It had been three months since the final battle with Adriel, and one month since Ava had returned from the other side.

Since Michael had spent two months on the Other Side, he explained that he had been in that realm for fourteen or fifteen years.

Ava had cut that time in half.

According to Jillian, theoretically, Ava had spent around seven to seven and a half years on the Other Side.

Due to the Halo's unnatural abilities, Ava's aging had been slowed down, only turning twenty-four when she returned to the world, cutting the aging process down by half.

Michael might have been younger himself had he bore the Halo when he had entered the Ark.

Camila and Jillian tried to crack how the timezone worked on the Other Side, but the best they could do was have more than half of an educated guess.

Camila had estimated Ava's birthdays throughout the months, the Sister Warriors hosting a small party to honor Ava.

The one birthday was the hardest was when Ava had turned twenty-four, the same age as Beatrice.

When Ava did come back, there were subtle but noticeable changes about her.

Ava's hair was slightly longer, but was still neatly cut and maintained. Her arms and legs were a lot more defined, and she seemed to be the littlest bit taller than she was the last time the sisters saw her.

The only thing that was the same about Ava was that she looked like she was still twenty years old.

She still had her signature, heart warming grin, but the brightness in her eyes had darkened slightly.

Ava seemed more contained and mature, and was a lot more reserved. She was a lot more like Beatrice was before the nun met Ava.

Ever since the Warrior Nun's return, the sisters wanted to spoil Ava with quality time and gift giving.

They all took a break from training, regardless of the fact that Ava trained intensely every day, and spent all of their free time with the Halo Bearer.

Ava and Beatrice had spent more together alone than in the group, but neither of them acted on their feelings since the first kiss and I love you's.