Bowling Night

It was the sisters' first bowling night since Adriel escaped and Beatrice and Ava's first bowling night ever

They went to a local bowling alley a short drive away from the Cat's Cradle.

It was retro themed and had music from different decades playing.

"Oh this is going to be so great!" Camila squealed as she handed everyone their own pair of bowling shoes.

Ava grinned happily as Camila handed her her shoes.

Mary rolled her eyes playfully as she accepted her shoes, dragging Lilith with her as they walked to the lane they were assigned.

Camila followed them shortly after handing Beatrice her shoes.

Ava smiled up at the nun as she took Beatrice's hand, gently pulling the taller girl with her as they went after Camila.

Beatrice sat down beside Ava as everyone quickly tied their shoes and used the touch screen pad to set up the first frame.

Ava and Camila were the most excited to bowl, while Lilith and Beatrice were the most hesitant.

Mary was up to bowl first. She grabbed her bowling ball, which was red, pulled her arm back and then forth and released the ball.

It rolled down the lane, crashing into the pins, knocking eight of them down.

Mary pumped her fist discreetly as the number eight appeared on the screen.

She knocked down the two other pins easily, grinning as Lilith rolled her eyes.

The nun passed Mary, smiled as she took her own bowling ball, the resin colored black.

Lilith made a strike. She smirked as Mary swore softly.

Ava was up now, Camila helping her with the correct form and how to control her strength since the Halo amplified everything.

The first time, Ava's ball, an orange sphere, landed straight in the gutter.

She and Camila laughed at the mistake and tried again, this time, the ball knocking down four of the pins.

It wasn't perfect, but it was a start.

Beatrice was up next, grabbing a purple ball, expectantly making a strike first try.

However she didn't celebrate like everyone else.

Her emotional expression didn't even change. She sat down beside Ava again as Camila stood for her turn.

Ava reached for the nun's hand and recoiled when Beatrice flinched away.

Beatrice felt a tinge of guilt as she saw hurt flash in Ava's eyes, but the Halo Bearer didn't push.

As the frame continued, everyone began to fan out among the booth they were given.