Miss Innocent

[1947 words]
*gets a tad bit spicy at the end but nothing gets too far, yet*
~
"I'm not upset. I'm fine."

"Don't lie to me. What's wrong?"

"Eddie, I said I'm fine."

Eddie was clearly getting frustrated at your response but that frustration quickly faded when he realized that you hadn't looked at him once the entire time you two were in the kitchen. He gently planted his hands on your hips and pulled you against him. He cocked his head to the side to meet your gaze.

"Baby bat...tell me what's going on."

"Nothing is going on. I'm just...I'm just being overdramatic. It's okay."

"Overdramatic?"

"Yeah. It's fine. I just need to get over it."

At your last comment, he pulled a hand away from your hip and placed it on your cheek. He coaxed your head forward to follow his gaze. He then pressed a gentle kiss to your forehead.

"If Chrissy is bothering you that much I can ask her to leave."

He whispered against your forehead before pressing another soft kiss to it. Your stomach dropped in guilt. Sure, you wanted Chrissy out of his house right this very second but you didn't want him to sacrifice possibly not getting another deal out of her just because you were upset. You have a soft sigh and placed your hands on his shoulders. He pulled his head back to look you in the eye and cocked a brow at you, waiting for your response. You pulled the joint from your lips before dropping your head for a moment to compose yourself. When you finally lifted it back up, you flashed him a small smile.

"It's okay. She can stay."

"Are you sure?"

"Mhm. I'm sure. I'll get over it."

"Baby bat, I don't want you to be upset."

"I won't be. I just need a minute."

"Okay, if you say so."

He nodded as he said his last comment, pressed another kiss to your forehead, and slipped away to go back to his bedroom.

As soon as he was out of sight, you immediately regretted telling him that she could stay. You pulled the joint back between your lips and rested against the nearby counter. You crossed your arms across your chest and pulled your head back to stare at the ceiling. You didn't understand why you were so jealous of her. Clearly there was no chemistry between her and Eddie. Maybe it was her fumbling around and acting ditzy that pissed you off so much. You couldn't shake the feeling that she was playing that up just for him.

Pushing your thoughts aside, you pulled yourself off the counter. You slid over to the cabinets across from you and rummaged around for a glass. As you did so, you could hear her loudly laughing from the bedroom. This only pissed you off again, but you attempted to brush it off as you scrambled around for something to put in the glass. You sure as shit didn't want water right now, you wanted something to take the edge off. When the only thing you could find was some cheap whiskey, you shrugged and poured a hefty glass of it. There was probably way more than you needed in the glass but at this point you didn't care.

Finally, you decided to head back to the bedroom. As soon as you hit the doorway of the room, Eddie's eyes fixed onto you. He scanned you for a moment before his eyes landed on the glass in your hand. He shot you a confused expression to which you laughed.

"I know, I know. There's way too much in here, but fuck it."

"I hope you know I'm not letting you drink all of that."